Last Updated on December 14, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Oreo Truffle Recipe makes the best treat, especially during the holidays! Made with only 4 ingredients and couldn’t be easier to make!
OREO TRUFFLE RECIPE
If you love Oreos, you will automatically fall in love this no-bake Oreo Truffle Recipe! Similar to my Sugar Cookie Oreo Truffles, these are made with the classic original Oreos and coated in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles. These little truffles are pure joy and everyone will fall in love with them!
These Oreo Truffles make the best treat or dessert for the holidays, Christmas parties or even to leave out for Santa on Christmas Eve! Just put them on a platter and watch them disappear!
The center of these Oreos are so moist, rich and delicious. The tasty Oreo cookie filling is made of whole Oreos (filling included) and cream cheese to make it even more luscious. I love the combination of white chocolate and Oreos but milk chocolate makes a great alternative too.
I don’t think there’s an easier and tastier dessert than these Oreo Truffles, specially since this recipe requires no-baking and only 4 ingredients.
If baking isn’t your expertise, this is the perfect recipe for you! With no-baking required, you can’t mess up this recipe! These truffles can be customized exactly how you want them. This Oreo Truffle Recipe is so good, you’ll start to make them for every holiday and occasion- just change up the sprinkles!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE OREO TRUFFLES
- Oreos: the regular Oreos are best for this recipe! Be sure not to use the double stuf Oreos otherwise it will change the consistency of the truffles.
- Cream cheese: make sure to use full-fat not low fat. Full-fat cream cheese will give the best flavor and consistency. The cream cheese makes these extra decadent and creamy like a real truffle!
- White melting chocolate: you can also use milk chocolate if you prefer. I use either Ghirardelli or Wilton chocolates.
- Sprinkles: to add holiday cheer!
HOW TO MAKE THIS OREO TRUFFLE RECIPE
- In a large food processor, process the Oreos until they are a sand-like consistency. Add in cream cheese and pulse until all of the ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the processor and pulse a few times more until a cookie dough has formed.
Use a small ice cream scoop or 2 tabelspoons to form the cookie mixture into balls. Place on the baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes until the balls are firm and chilled.
Once the truffles are chilled, in a microwavable safe bowl, add the chocolate and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between until chocolate has melted.
Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate using a fork and coat both sides. Scrape of any excess chocolate off the sides of the bowl. Return to the truffles to the baking sheet and immediately sprinkle tops with decorative sprinkles or crushed Oreos. Allow the chocolate to set for a few minutes and enjoy!
OREO TRUFFLE RECIPE VARIATIONS
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles: add peppermint extract to the melted chocolate and top with crushed candy canes!
- Birthday Oreo Truffles: instead of regular Oreos, use birthday cake edition and top with rainbow sprinkles!
- Regular Oreo Truffles: top these with crushed Oreos instead of sprinkles to make on any day!
- Make these into Mini Oreo Truffles: simply make the truffle balls smaller, you can get about 40 truffles instead of 20.
- Add some color: add a few drops of food coloring in the white chocolate if you have a favorite color that you wanted. For instance you can make Green and Red colored truffles for Christmas.
- Milk and White Chocolate Combination: can’t decide between milk or white chocolate? Use both! Coat truffles in white chocolate and drizzle with milk chocolate or vice-versa!
TIPS ON MAKING THE BEST OREO TRUFFLES
Make these Oreo Truffles a day ahead and keep these stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I find that using a fork to dip the firm Oreo truffle balls in the white chocolate works best and then coat the truffles with more chocolate with a spoon. This makes a perfect coating and be sure to let any excess chocolate run off the side of the bowl.
You must chill the Oreo truffle balls before dipping them in chocolate. Do not skip this step! If you don’t the balls may fall apart in the chocolate leaving you with a mess.
This Oreo Truffle Recipe could be made for any holiday or occasion. All you have to do is switch up the sprinkles. Some other holidays you can make these for are Valentine’s Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, birthdays and more!
OTHER HOLIDAY RECIPES TO TRY:
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Holiday Snack Mix
- Rocky Road Clusters
- Santa Cookies (M&M Cookies)
- Chocolate Peppermint Graham Crackers
- Melted Snowman Cookies
- Antipasto Wreath
- Salted Caramel Brownie Pie
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Oreo Truffle Recipe
- 1 package Oreos; regular flavor NOT double stuf
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz. white melting chocolate
- Sprinkles for the topping or 4 crushed Oreos
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large food processor, process the Oreos until they are a sand-like consistency. Add in cream cheese and pulse until all of the ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the processor and pulse a few times more until a cookie dough has formed.
- Alternatively if you don't have a food processor; you could crush the cookies into crumbs and mix everything a large bowl with a wooden spoon or use an electric mixer.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or 2 tabelspoons to form the cookie mixture into balls. Place on the baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes until the balls are firm and chilled.
- Once the truffles are chilled, in a microwavable safe bowl, add the chocolate and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between until chocolate has melted.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate using a fork and coat both sides. Scrape of any excess chocolate off the sides of the bowl. Return to the truffles to the baking sheet and immediately sprinkle tops with decorative sprinkles or crushed Oreos. Allow the chocolate to set for a few minutes and enjoy!
Welcome to #ChristmasSweetsWeek 2020! Co-hosted by Terri from Love and Confections and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! What better way to celebrate the holidays than with food and fun? 21 bloggers from around the country have come together to share some of their favorite sweet Christmas recipes!! Deck the halls and get ready for very merry sweet treats, like fudge, cookies, Christmas morning breakfasts, layer cakes, cocoa, and more! Follow along on social media with our #ChristmasSweetsWeek hashtag. Happy Holidays!
Enjoy these #ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers:
Pastry and Dessert Recipes
Easy Gingerbread Dip Recipe by Love & Confections
Dark Chocolate Graham Crackers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Mini Tall & Creamy Cheesecakes by The Nifty Foodie
Small Batch Chocolate Cake with Fluffy Peppermint Frosting by Kate’s Recipe Box