As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
If you love classic Rice Krispie Treats and Oreo cookies, you will love these Oreo Rice Krispie Treats! This no bake dessert is made with simple ingredients and will easily become a new family favorite treat!
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie Treats with Oreos makes the perfect dessert for Oreo fans and rice krispies treat lovers. Made with a classic rice krispie treat recipe and Oreo cookie pieces.
These no bake treats are taken to the next level and both kids and adults will fall in love with these krispy treats after one bite.
This delicious dessert is a fun twist from the classic cereal treats and is loaded with Oreo cookie flavors. We add extra marshmallows in this recipe to make these extra gooey and soft. You’ll only need 5 ingredients to whip this up and it take minutes to prepare.
What’s not to love about chocolate sandwich cookies aka Oreos? They’re an American favorite and can be used in so many different desserts. Some other Oreo treats that you’ll love are my: Oreo Cheesecake Bites, Oreo Cookie Truffles, Oreo Cookie Bars and Cookies and Cream Cookies.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Rice Krispies or crispy rice cereal: The main ingredient and base of this recipe. Any rice krispie brand will work.
- Miniature marshmallows: You’ll need one full 16 ounce bag plus more to fold in in the rice krispeis. The marshmallows will melt and bind the other ingredients together. Mini marshmallows works best for this recipe as opposed to the large size.
- Butter: I use salted butter to cut balance the sweetness a bit.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a warm flavor.
- Oreos: The star ingredient! Use any brand you love. You want to chop the cookies into large and small pieces. You can place the cookies in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin to create crushed Oreos, or coarsely chop the cookies with a knife.
How To Make Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
Prepare baking dish: Line a 13×9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and grease with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
Make marshmallow mixture: Bring a large pot, large saucepan, or stock pot to low heat. Heat butter to melt and add the 16 ounce bag of mini marshmallows and stir until melted. Add vanilla extract. Stir again until the ingredients are completely combined and melted together.
Add in cereal and Oreo cookies: Remove the pot from heat and stir in the rice krispie cereal until the marshmallow mixture completely coats the cereal. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and crushed Oreos.
Place mixture in pan: Add the mixture to the prepared pan and gently press mixture into the pan. Top with more crushed Oreos (optional). Make sure you don’t press too hard otherwise your treats will be too dense and hard. Let sit for 30-60 minutes, slice into 24 squares and enjoy!
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats Pro Tips
Spray your hands or rubber spatula: Use either a non-stick spray or rub them with butter before you press the rice krispie mixture on into your dish. This will prevent your hands from sticking to the sticky mixture. You can also use a butter wrap to press the mixture.
Marshmallow tips: Be sure to use melt the marshmallows on LOW heat to insure they stay soft and will make the treats fluffy. Only use fresh marshmallows- stale marshmallows won’t make these treats as gooey.
Brown the butter: If you’ve ever had Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats, you already know how amazing they are. Follow the steps in this recipe to brown the butter first before adding the marshmallows. This will add a rich, caramel, nuttiness flavor to your treats.
Treat size: I use a 13×9 inch pan to yield 20-24 treats but if you want thicker treats, use a 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan.
- Alternative cereal: You can use chocolate rice krispie cereal, Cheerios, or Chex cereal.
- Add-Ins: M&Ms, chopped nuts, pretzels, chocolate chips, or any other of your favorites for added crunch, texture, and flavor.
- Topping ideas: Top these treats with store-bought or homemade frosting then more crushed Oreos to make these even sweeter.
- Cookies and cream version: Add white chocolate chunks or white chocolate chips to the melted marshmallow mixture. The white chocolate adds to the “cookies and cream flavor. Alternatively, you could chop up a couple Hershey’s Cookies n Creme Candy bars.
- Make these treats for a birthday or celebration by adding rainbow sprinkles to the top and folding them in the cereal.
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispie Treats: Swap regular Oreos for Golden Oreos to give these treats more of a vanilla flavor.
- Oreo flavors: Use your favorite Oreo flavor! They have so many different flavors these days so you have lots of options. Use themed Oreos for different holidays and occasions.
- Peanut Butter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats: Add a few tablespoons of peanut butter to the marshmallow mixture and, or peanut butter chips to add a peanut butter flavor. Adding peanut butter Oreos would be a great option too.
Leftovers & Storage
To-store on counter: Place leftovers in an airtight container or cover a plate tightly with plastic wrap. Store in a cool room temperature area for up to 4-5 days. They may start to taste stale and harden after. You can also store in a large ziplock bag.
To-store in fridge: These treats will last a bit longer if you store them in the refrigerator but I don’t recommend it because they will dry out and become hard. They will store well for up to 1 week. Be sure to let sit out for at least 30 minutes to soften.
Other Krispie Treats to Try
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups rice krispies or crispy rice ceral
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows plus 2 more cups
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 whole Oreo cookies roughly chopped plus more to add to top
- Line a 13×9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot or stock pot to low heat. Add butter and melt. Add the 16 ounce bag of mini marshmallows and stir until melted. Add vanilla extract. Stir again until the ingredients are completely combined and melted together.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the rice krispie cereal until the marshmallow mixture completely coats the cereal. Stir in the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and crushed Oreos.
- Add the mixture to the prepared pan and gently press the mixture into the pan. Top with more crushed Oreos (optional). Make sure you don't press too hard otherwise your treats will be too dense and hard. Let sit for 30-60 minutes, slice into 24 squares and enjoy!
- Place leftovers in an airtight container or cover a plate tightly with plastic wrap. Store in a cool room temperature area for up to 4-5 days.