As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Gooey Oreo Cookie Bars are made with a buttery cookie base and loaded with crushed Oreo cookies, cookies ‘n cream candy, and white chocolate chips! These make a delicious dessert for all occasions and everyone will love them.
Oreo Cookie Bars
Oreo Cookie Bars or you can call them, Cookies and Cream Bars are loaded with crushed Oreo cookie pieces and white chocolate. Made with a chewy blondie cookie base and are way easier to make than cookies.
We bake these Oreo Cookie Bars in one pan so you don’t have to do any rolling, scooping, or cutting dough out. These are perfect if you need to make a quick and easy dessert to bring to parties, potlucks, or if you are craving an Oreo inspired treat.
Make these Oreo Bars the ultimate dessert by serving them warm with a scoop of vanilla or cookies and cream ice cream on top!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Perfect for any occasion: You can make them for birthday celebrations, Christmas, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, Easter, baby showers, you name it…this sweet treat is perfect for all occasions. Add themed sprinkles for candies for different holidays such as red, white and blue M&Ms for the 4th of July or red and green sprinkles for Christmas.
- Easier to make than cookies: You don’t have to worry about the hassle of rolling, scooping any dough, or icing any cookies. If you’re in a hurry, you just need less than 10 minutes of prep time in the kitchen. SO easy!
- No chill dough: You can make these cookie bars in less than 30 minutes and you don’t even have to chill the dough.
- Portable: These bars are perfect for any occasion and can be transferred easily by placing them in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Pack them up for a picnic, party, lunch box treat, or bring them to work.
- Salted butter: Helps bind all of the ingredients together. Make sure the butter is melted and cooled. If you use unsalted butter I would add a 1/2 teaspoon salt to balance out the sweetness a bit.
- Sugar: We use both granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances all the flavors.
- Egg: One whole large egg, at room temperature. This will help bind the dough together.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great, but you can also use whole wheat flour. Just note the flavor will be slightly different. Always spoon and level flour when measuring it. Be sure not to scoop it out of the bag using the measuring cup. This way, you won’t accidentally measure out too much.
- Baking powder & baking soda: Used as a leavening agent.
- Oreos: The star ingredient! Use any brand you love. You want to chop the cookies into large and small Oreo cookie pieces. You can place the cookies in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin to create crushed Oreos, or coarsely chop the cookies with a knife.
How To Make Oreo Cookie Bars
Prepare baking dish and combine wet ingredients: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8 × 8-inch or 9 × 9-inch pan with parchment paper or grease generously with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, sugars, and vanilla extract and mix.
Combine flour mixture: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients: Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat together with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
Add crushed Oreos: Fold in the Oreos, candy bar, and white chocolate chips until combined.
Bake: Press dough into prepared pan and add more crushed Oreos and white chocolate chips (optional) to the top of the cookie dough. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the top is a light golden brown. Let the cookie bars cool for 5 minutes and then lift bars out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Once cooled, cut into 16 bars with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- Use a sharp knife when cutting the cookie bars.
- Refrigerate the cookie bars for a few minutes before cutting the bars to get perfect cut bars.
- Be sure not to over-mix the dough, this will prevent the bars from being soft and tender.
- Topping: Add a white chocolate drizzle to the tops of the cookie bars or spread on a cream cheese frosting and more crushed Oreos.
- Use parchment paper or foil: Make sure you completely cover the bottom of the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil so you have an easy clean up and it will prevent the bars from sticking.
- Do not over-bake these bars: You want the edges to be slightly browned, but not too much.
- Double the recipe: Simply double the recipe and add the dough to a 13×9 inch baking pan instead.
- Oreo flavor: Use your favorite Oreo flavor if you want another flavor other than the regular Oreos. Some other ideas are Mint Oreo cookies, Peanut Butter Oreo cookies, Golden Oreo cookies, Birthday Cake Oreo cookies, and Red Velvet Oreo cookies.
- M&M candies: Use the regular or mini sized candies.
- Hershey’s Cookies ‘N’ Creme Drops
- Sprinkles: Make this for a birthday or celebration by adding 1 cup of sprinkles to the cookie dough! If you love cookies over cake, make this into a birthday cake by adding frosting to the top and candles.
- Chocolatey cookie bars: If you want your cookie bars on the chocolatey side, add 1/3 cup of cocoa powder or 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate chips.
- Reese’s pieces: If you want to add a peanut butter flavor.
- Crunchy texture: Add a handful of your favorite chopped nuts to the batter or topping.
- Chopped up candy bars: Add any of your favorite bars.
Leftovers & Storage
- To Store: Cookie bars are always best when they are fresh but you can store any leftovers in the same baking pan, transfer to an airtight container, or large ziplock bag. They will keep fresh for 5 days or you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- To Freeze: You can also freeze any leftover bars for up to 3 months. For best results, let the cookies bars defrost at room temperature when ready to eat. The best way to enjoy them is when they are at room temperature or slightly warmed.
Other Cookie Bar Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Yellow Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Funfetti Cookie Bars
- Shortbread Bars
- Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Other Favorite Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Vanilla Cupcakes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Oreo Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 15-18 Oreo cookies crushed into large and small pieces
- 1 Hershey's Cookies 'N' Creme Bar chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease generously with cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, sugars, and vanilla extract and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat together with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the Oreos, candy bar, and white chocolate chips until combined.
- Add the cookie dough batter to prepared baking pan and top with more crushed Oreos and white chocolate chips (optional). Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the top is a light golden brown. Let the cookie bars cool for 5 minutes and then lift bars out of the pan and transfer to a wire rack. Once cooled, cut into 16 bars with a sharp knife. Enjoy!