Last Updated on December 4, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
Cookies and Cream Cookies are chewy, soft, and loaded with chunks of Oreo cookies, white chocolate chips. These cookies have a creamy sweet flavor that resembles cookies and cream ice cream but in a cookie form!
Cookies and Cream Cookie Recipe
This Cookies and Cream Cookie Recipe also known as Cookies n’ Cream cookies is one that I’m keeping forever! I love all things cookies and cream flavored and anything that has to do with Oreo’s so these are my kind of cookies.
Soft, chewy, and bursting with cookies and cream flavor from the Oreo pieces and white chocolate chips. Made in less than 30 minutes from start to finish so these can be made last minute.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works best. Spoon and level the flour when measuring it; don’t scoop it out of the bag using the measuring cup. This way, you won’t accidentally measure out too much.
- Baking soda & baking powder: Used as a leavening.
- Cornstarch: We just add a touch of cornstarch to make these cookies extra soft and tender.
- Softened Butter: We use unsalted but you can also use salted butter, just be sure to omit adding the salt to the butter mixture.
- Granulated white sugar: Adds sweetness and helps make the cookies chewy.
- Egg: Used to bind the ingredients together. It’s best if the egg is at room temperature so it can blend in with the cookie dough better.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances and adds a warm flavor.
- Oreos: The star ingredient! Use any brand you love. You want to chop the cookies into small and large chunks. You can place the cookies in a ziplock bag and roll with a rolling pin to create crushed Oreos, or coarsely chop the cookies with a knife.
- White chocolate chips: You could also use white chocolate chunks. The white chocolate adds to the “cookies and cream flavor”. Alternatively, you could chop up a couple Hershey’s Cookies n Creme Candy bars (my favorite candy bar!)
How To Make Cookies and Cream Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat/silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Combine Flour Mixture. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Beat Butter & Sugar. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer or a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
Add Egg & Vanilla Extract. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix together until smooth and there are no lumps. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients. Reduce to low speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Continue to mix together just until cookie dough forms then add the Oreo cookie chunks and white chips until evenly dispersed.
Scoop Cookie Dough Balls & Bake. Use a small cookie scoop (equivalent to 2 tablespoons of dough) to scoop cookie dough and round with your hand. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and gently press down on the cookies just a bit. You can place a few extra Oreo pieces and white chocolate chips on top of the cookies (optional). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the sides are set. It’s ok if the centers of the cookies look underbaked. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling wrack. Enjoy!
YAY! It’s time again for another fun blog hop that’s been hosted by my sweet friend (and amazing cook and baker) Michaela from An Affair From the Heart. This freaky Friday round is a cookie exchange edition where you’ll find plenty of delicious cookie recipes to make this holiday season.
This is how a blog hop works, each food blogger is assigned to another food blogger and we select a cookie recipe from their blog, recreate it, photograph it, try it, and then share it with you all!
Fresh April Flours
This Cookies and Cream Cookie recipe is from Lynn and Fresh April Flours. I was thrilled when I found out I was assigned to Lynn’s blog because I love and adore all of her delicious and beautifully photographed recipes.
Lynn’s background is so fascinating to me because she didn’t learn how to bake until 2010! I would have never guessed that because if you look at her blog, she is a baking queen and I am truly inspired by her self-taught food photography. Lynn’s a previous owner of her cake shop, has a science background, and is now a full food-blogger like mffloyself.
I was in love with so many of her cookie recipes and it was hard to pick just one! I instantly knew I had to make these Cookie and Cream cookies because we love Oreo desserts and they surely hit the spot. Lynn’s other cookies that I want to make this season are her Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookies, Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies, Salted Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles, and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies.
I’m also so impressed that Lynn has several ebooks, baking courses, and has been featured on Good Morning America, Woman’s Day, and Woman’s Health! Be sure to check her out and all of her mouth-watering recipes that include both sweet and savory.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy: These are the best cookies to make if you’re in a rush. You don’t need to chill the dough so you can make these cookies in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Cookies and Cream Flavor: If you’re a cookie and cream lover, you will love every bite of these cookies. They are filled with chunks of Oreo cookies and white chocolate chips.
- So much texture: These chewy cookies are soft, buttery, have slightly crispy edges, and crunch from the cookies.
- Get the kids involved: Let the kids scoop out the dough or add the Oreo cookie chunks and white chocolate chips to the dough.
Make Cookies and Cream Bars
If you prefer to have them in a bar form instead of cookie form, it’s easy to do. Add the cookie dough to a 9×9 inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes longer than the recipe calls for- but always be sure to check since every oven is different.
Recipe Tips & Variations
Golden Oreos: Swap the chocolate Oreo cookie for golden Oreos to add a vanilla flavor.
Add sprinkles: Bake these cookies for any holidays! Add Halloween sprinkles, Christmas sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, or any kind of sprinkles to the cookie dough and tops of cookies. You could also use holiday themed Oreos instead of the classic Oreo cookies.
Room temperature ingredients: It’s important that your eggs and butter are at room temperature. They incorporate with the other ingredients so much better then when they are cold. This will also help your cookies stay tender and soft.
Chocolate chips: You can swap the white chocolate chips for milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, caramel chips, mini chocolate chips, or chop up a cookies and cream bar instead.
Leftovers & Storage
To-store: Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container or large ziplock bag. They will stay fresh for 7 days. They will still be ok to eat after 7 days but they may start to get crumbly and stale.
To-freeze: Allow the baked cookies to cool completely. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to flash freeze or harden. Once hard, place the cookies in a large freezer bag or stack in an airtight container. Store for up to 3 months- when ready to serve, remove from the freezer to thaw until softened.
See all of our 2022 Freaky Friday Holiday Cookie Exchange Recipes
Hosted by – An Affair from the Heart
- An Affair from the Heart – Scotcheroo Pinwheels
- Best Cookie Recipes – Christmas Magic Bars
- Family Around the Table – Snickerdoodle Bars
- Feast + West – Lemon Drop Cookies
- The Foodie Affair – Christmas Oreo Balls
- Fresh April Flours – Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Hostess at Heart – Chocolate Bark
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Cookies and Cream Cookie Recipe
- Life Currents – Almond Meltaways Cookies
- The Speckled Palate – Snowball Cookies
- Sue Bee Homemaker – Italian Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Take Two Tapas – Avalanche Cookies
- The Wimpy Vegetarian – Easy Christmas Butter Cookies
Can’t Get Enough
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on social media: Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out and leave a star rating in the recipe card! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Cookies and Cream Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat/silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer or a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix together until smooth and there are no lumps. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Reduce to low speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Continue to mix together just until cookie dough forms then add the chopped cookies and white chocolate chips until evenly dispersed.
- Use a small cookie scoop (equivalent to 2 tablespoons of cookie dough) to scoop cookie dough and round with your hand. Gently press down on the cookies just a bit. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the sides are set. It's ok if the centers of the cookies look underbaked. Let the cookies cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling wrack. Enjoy!