Last Updated on December 9, 2019 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Gingerbread Cookie Bars are chewy, sweet and taste just like gingerbread! These cookie bars make the best holiday treat!
The Holidays are here and so are the treats! I especially love all things gingerbread and these Gingerbread Cookie Bars are so perfect! If you love gingerbread cookies, you will love these. They are actually even easier than making homemade gingerbread cookies because you bake them and slice them into bars! I love drizzling these bars with white chocolate for the ultimate finish.
They only require a few simple steps to make!
Bake these bars until perfectly golden brown. The molasses in the recipe will help give them beautiful color as well.
White chocolate makes these bars extra special to me because what is a gingerbread cookie without any frosting? You certainly can leave out the chocolate if you prefer and it will still be delicious. You can also add coarse decorating sugar instead of the chocolate.
Your home will smell amazing when you bake these… beware. If you love the smell of the holidays, you will love these.
The dough will look just like gingerbread cookie dough. Be sure not to over-mix and feel free to use your hands. The dough should like like this.
From the aromatic smell of spices in these bars to the perfect thickness and chewiness.. you just can’t beat this treat. You can make and bake these all in under 45 minutes or less.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE GINGERBREAD COOKIE BARS
- Ground cloves
- Ground ginger
- Ground cinnamon
- Baking soda
- Canola oil
- White chocolate
THESE GINGERBREAD COOKIE BARS ARE
- Incredibly chewy, thick, and perfectly sweet
- Has all the flavors of holiday spice and gingerbread that you taste in gingerbread cookies
- Perfect for any holiday gathering and makes a tasty dessert!
HOW SHOULD I STORE THESE BARS?
These should be stored in an airtight container in a cool area. They will last up to a week. They will become stall if you store them for longer but still delicious and perfectly fine to eat.
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS HOLIDAY TREATS?
- 25+ Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Snow Capped Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bread
- Caramel Apple Toffee Dip
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar; packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4-1/2 cup white chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 glass baking dish with parchment paper. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, spices, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl add the oil and sugar; whisk to combine. Whisk in egg and molasses- make sure to NOT over mix. Stir in the flour mixture until all is combined. Feel free to use your hands to incorporate all ingredients.
- With a spatula or your hands, spread the cookie dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Use your hands to push the dough into the corners and evenly press the dough into the pan, this will take a few minutes.
- Bake the cookie bars for 22-25 minutes just until the cookie bars are cooked through and slightly golden brown. Remember the molasses will make these golden brown as well. Do not over bake! The bars will slightly harden and become chewy once cooled completely. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Once the bars are completely cool, drizzle the melted white chocolate on the bars and let sit to harden the chocolate. Once the chocolate is set, cute into 24 bars and enjoy!