As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Baked Pancakes are soft, fluffy and quick to make! Made in less than 30 minutes and in one bowl. This recipe feeds a crowd and makes the best breakfast or brunch that the whole family will love and devour!
BAKED PANCAKE RECIPE
Made with classic pancake ingredients but takes a fraction of the time to make. Breakfast or brunch is so much easier and quicker with this Baked Pancake Recipe. You don’t have to stand around the stove waiting and flipping so you can also enjoy your weekend mornings for a little longer now too ;).
These pancakes have the same flavors as traditional buttermilk pancakes, except these are thicker, fluffier and lighter. Once you try this Baked Pancake Recipe, you won’t want to go back to using the griddle! It only takes 5 minutes to prep these pancakes so the work is minimal.
- Baking powder
- Maple syrup
HOW TO MAKE BAKED PANCAKE RECIPE
Your Baked Pancakes can be customized with your favorite toppings. Divide the pancake batter up to 8 sections (depending on how many toppings you want) and add your toppings! There are plenty of options for everyone to choose from. See below on different pancake toppings and add-ins.
BREAKFAST FOR DESSERT
My husband and I enjoyed these Baked Pancakes for dessert the first time I made them! They were so delicious especially as they were warm and right out of the oven. It’s best when served with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream on top.
Other toppings to add to this pancake dessert is whipped cream, Cool Whip, chocolate ice cream, Nutella, chocolate chips or any other sweet treat that you love.
This Baked Pancake Recipe comes in handy when you want to have pancakes for breakfast but you don’t have the time. You can feed a crowd with this recipe so be sure to add this recipe your next breakfast or brunch party!
PANCAKE ADD-IN INGREDIENTS:
You can either fold in these add-in ingredients or sprinkle them to the top.
Chocolate chips: Milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate and mini chocolate chips. A combination of chocolate chips is always delicious too.
Nutella: add spoonfuls of Nutella to the pancakes and then swirl them with toothpicks.
Peanut Butter: add peanut butter to the batter or spread on top of pancakes. You can also use peanut butter chips.
Jam: spread on top of your pancakes instead of maple syrup for a fruity sweetener.
Diced apples and cinnamon: makes for a delicious spiced combo!
Fresh fruit: diced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and bananas are all great add-ins.
Chopped nuts: gives the pancakes a crunch. Pecans, walnuts and almonds are some of my favorites to add on pancakes.
Brown sugar and cinnamon: this will give the pancakes a cinnamon roll flavor.
Honey: extra sweetness or can be used in place of maple syrup.
STORING LEFTOVER BAKED PANCAKES
Storing leftover pancakes is easy. Enjoy these pancakes for the week or freeze them for later.
Refrigerate: Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap or transfer pancakes to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. They will last up to 3-4 days. When ready to eat again, simply microwave or warm in the oven for a few minutes.
Freeze: Before storing, make sure the pancakes are completely cooled. Wrap the pancake in individual squares with plastic wrap and place in large heavy duty ziplock bag. Store for up to 2 months. Thaw completely and then warm in the microwave or oven.
OTHER PANCAKE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Best Blueberry Pancakes
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Fluffy Vanilla Pancakes
- Ricotta Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Blender Oatmeal Pancakes
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES TO TRY:
- Classic Buttermilk Waffles
- Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Zucchini Frittata
- Cinnamon Roll Bake
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Homemade Pop Tarts
- Bacon and Spinach Quiche
- Triple Berry French Toast (made with Hawaiian bread)
- Apple Dumplings
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Baked Pancake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter; melted
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup milk; any milk will work (whole preferred for flavor)
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick baking spray or butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients. Mix together until combined, be sure not to over-mix.
- Pour the pancake batter onto the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into squares and serve immediately with pats of butter and warmed pure maple syrup. Enjoy!
- You can also use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour for a healthier alternative.
- To store leftovers: cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap or transfer pancakes to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. They will last up to 3-4 days. When ready to eat again, simply microwave or warm in the oven for a few minutes.
- To freeze leftovers: Before storing, make sure the pancakes are completely cooled. Wrap the pancake in individual squares with plastic wrap and place in large heavy duty ziplock bag. Store for up to 2 months. Thaw completely and then warm in the microwave or oven.