Last Updated on September 9, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Bacon Cheddar Egg Bites are rich in protein and packed with bits of bacon, peppers and cheddar cheese for the ultimate on-the-go breakfast!
BACON CHEDDAR EGG BITES
If you are looking for ways to make your mornings easier this recipe is perfect! These Egg Bites are so tasty and made in a muffin pan to make your mornings extra convenient.
If you love the Bacon Egg Bites from Starbucks, you will love these! These tastes just like them except they are oven-baked and I added bell peppers and chives for more flavor. You will love that these bites are a lot cheaper and quicker than going to Starbucks..
This recipe requires a few simple steps and takes less than 30 minutes to whip up!
These Bacon Cheddar Egg Bites can be served for a weekend brunch or you can whip them up and store in the refrigerator for a quick grab and go breakfast during the busy week!
These bites are oven baked and will make your mornings so much better! I love that these bites are wholesome, healthy and can be made in advance! You can customize these bites to your preference and favorites. These bites will last up to a week in an airtight container when stored in the refrigerator.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE BACON CHEDDAR EGG BITES
- Cheddar cheese
- Bell peppers
- Salt + pepper
OTHER COMBINATIONS TO TRY
This Egg Bite recipe can be made with a variety of different combinations! The combinations are endless and you can use your favorites. Some other tasty combination ideas are:
- Ham and cheddar cheese
- Pepperoni, mushroom and mozarella cheese
- Turkey, spinach and Swiss cheese
- Vegetarian (you can use any of your favorite veggies for this)
CAN I USE EGG WHITES INSTEAD OF WHOLE EGGS?
You can! However whole eggs are nutritious and the combination of the whole eggs, bacon, cheese and bell peppers are perfect for this healthy and easy breakfast!
LOOKING FOR OTHER BREAKFAST IDEAS? TRY THESE!
- Meatless Veggie Omelette Bites
- Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- Sausage and Spinach Egg Bites
- Granola Yogurt Bites
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Bacon Cheddar Egg Bites
- Muffin pan
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup cheese; divided
- 6-8 slices bacon; cooked and crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup bell peppers; diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives; finely chopped
- salt + pepper; for taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Whisk together the eggs and milk until incorporated. Add the bacon, 1 cup of cheese, bell peppers, chives and season with salt and pepper. Mix together until well combined.
- Grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully fill each muffin cup about 3/4th of the way full with the egg mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes until fluffy and the tops start to turn golden. Once the bites are baked, let them cool for a few minutes and gently lift each egg bite out with a table knife. Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!