This fresh Fruit Salad is coated in a light and refreshing Honey Poppy seed dressing that is super easy to make and is naturally sweetened with honey. This recipe also includes other fruit variations you could use, the possibilities are endless! This makes a healthy addition to any breakfast, brunch or enjoy this as a snack!
There’s no better way to start the New Year off than a healthy and delicious fresh fruit salad! You can eat this Fresh Fruit Salad for a healthy breakfast, snack, or even dessert because it is that good. The best part about this fruit salad is it’s naturally deliciously sweet and healthy!
I try always stock up on fruit each week at the grocery store but there have been so many times where we just don’t eat it, then it rots and gets thrown away. This recipe can avoid any fruit wastage because you can just put it in this salad! I combined some of my favorite fruit and coated it in a naturally sweet dressing.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE FRESH FRUIT SALAD
- Kiwis– delicately tart, sweet and complex in flavor
- Pears– velvety in texture and mildy sweet
- Green apples– firm, juicy, tart and sweet. They also give this salad a crunch
- Purple grapes– tart, slightly crunchy, and sweet
- Oranges– citrus-y, sweet and juicy. They make this recipe extra refreshing
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE HONEY POPPY SEED DRESSING
- Poppy seeds– these seeds give this salad a pop and have a nutty flavor
- Honey– naturally sweet and earthy in flavor
- Lime & lemon juice– these bright flavors freshen the salad up
- Orange juice– this gives the fruit salad a sweet and citrus-fresh flavor
- Fresh mint– gives this salad a naturally refreshing and cool finish
I love fresh fruit especially with this honey poppy seed dressing. It is best served cold because the mint and citrus flavors make it so refreshing. You can use any fruit that you like, the possibilities are completely endless!
THIS FRESH FRUIT SALAD IS
- Naturally sweetened with honey and is incredibly refreshing with the fresh lemon, lime and orange juice.
- Healthy and packed with plenty of vitamins and minerals, so eat up!
- Easy to make and can be made with any of your favorite fruits year round.
- Perfect for any holiday brunch (like Easter or Mother’s Day, breakfast, dessert or healthy snack.
OTHER FRUIT OPTIONS TO USE IN THIS RECIPE:
- Pomegranate arils
LOOKING FOR OTHER FRESH AND HEALTHY RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Vegetable Herb Pasta Salad
- Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Spicy Cowboy Caviar
- Melon Caprese Salad
- Avocado Greek Salad
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Fresh Fruit Salad (with honey poppy seed dressing)
- 3 kiwis; sliced
- 3 pears; cut into cubes
- 3 green apples; sliced or cut into cubes I like to leave the skin on
- 2 cups purple grapes
- 2 large oranges; sliced or cut into cubes
For the Honey Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup melted honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint; coarsely chopped
- Combine all of the fruit in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the honey, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, and poppy seeds. Mix until combined and then add the fresh mint.
- Drizzle the honey poppy seed dressing over the fresh fruit and mix with a wooden spoon until the fruit pieces are evenly coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.