This Fruit Salad is coated in a light and refreshing Honey Poppyseed dressing. This makes a healthy addition to any breakfast or brunch!
There’s no better way to start the New Year off than a healthy and delicious fruit salad! You can eat this Honey Poppyseed Fruit Salad for a healthy breakfast, snack, or even dessert because it is that good. The best part about this fruit salad is it’s naturally deliciously sweet and healthy!
I try always stock up on fruit each week at the grocery store but there have been so many times where we just don’t eat it, then it rots and gets thrown away. This recipe can avoid any fruit wastage because you can just put it in this salad! I combined some of my favorite fruit and coated it in a naturally sweet dressing.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS HONEY POPPYSEED FRUIT SALAD
- Kiwis– delicately tart, sweet and complex in flavor
- Pears– velvety in texture and mildy sweet
- Green apples– firm, juicy, tart and sweet. They also give this salad a crunch
- Purple grapes– tart, slightly crunchy, and sweet
- Oranges– citrus-y, sweet and juicy. They make this recipe extra refreshing
- Poppyseeds– these seeds give this salad a pop and have a nutty flavor
- Honey– naturally sweet and earthy in flavor
- Lime & lemon juice– these bright flavors freshen the salad up
- Orange juice– this gives the fruit salad a sweet and citrus-fresh flavor
- Fresh mint– gives this salad a naturally refreshing and cool finish
I love fruit especially with this honey poppyseed dressing. It is best served cold because the mint and citrus flavors make it so refreshing. You can use any fruit that you like, the possibilities are completely endless!
There are multiple purposes for this fruit salad! 1) The holidays are over so the overloading on desserts and cookies can finally come to an end. Enjoy this healthy and delicious dessert instead. 2) You can use up any fruits you have around the house or any of your favorites. 3) There are so many colors in this salad meaning plenty of vitamins that you will consume. 4) This makes a delectable breakfast sweet treat. 5) Did I mention there was zero sugar in this? Yup, that’s right. It is naturally sweetened, how sweet is that?
OTHER FRUIT OPTIONS TO USE IN THIS RECIPE:
LOOKING FOR OTHER FRESH AND HEALTHY RECIPES? TRY THESE!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Honey Poppyseed Fruit Salad
- 3 kiwis; sliced
- 3 pears; cut into cubes
- 3 green apples; sliced or cut into cubes I like to leave the skin on
- 2 cups purple grapes
- 2 large oranges; sliced or cut into cubes
For the Honey Poppyseed Dressing:
- 1/3 cup melted honey
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. poppyseeds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint; coarsely chopped
- Combine all of the fruit in a large mixing bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the honey, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, and poppyseeds. Mix until combined and then add the fresh mint.
- Drizzle the honey poppyseed dressing over the fresh fruit and mix with a wooden spoon until the fruit pieces are evenly coated. Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.