As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These Ricotta Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes has a twist of orange flavor and are ultra fluffy! They make the best breakfast if you love pancakes!
Pancakes are a breakfast favorite of mine, because who doesn’t like a tall stack of em’?
These Ricotta Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes are fluffy and have a hint of orange in them. The ricotta adds a touch of creaminess to these! You can even freeze these in the freezer and pop them out when you want to have a delicious quick breakfast by popping them into the toaster!
These pancakes are made with 100% whole wheat flour so you can feel great about eating pancakes for breakfast! The pancakes have fresh orange juice and orange zest in the batter which gives these hotcakes a fresh and delicious flavor!
I love to top my tall stack of pancakes with a pat of butter (obviously), a drizzle of maple syrup, and more fresh orange zest! These pancakes are so delicious you could even enjoy them for dessert!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE RICOTTA ORANGE WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKES
Whole wheat flour
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST IDEAS?
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
- Fluffy Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
- Easy Apple Dumplings
- Zucchini Frittata
- Bacon and Spinach Quiche
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Skinny Chocolate Banana Muffins
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Ricotta Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Maple syrup
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, ricotta cheese, milk, orange juice, butter, and orange zest; set aside.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients; pour in milk mixture and whisk very gently until just combined (a few lumps should remain). Do not over mix.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick frying pan/skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes; add 1 teaspoon oil or butter and brush on skillet evenly.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto 3 spots on frying pan/skillet. Let pancakes cook until large bubbles begin to appear, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on second side, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Serve immediately, and repeat with remaining batter. Top with more orange zest, a pat of butter, and drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!