Last Updated on
This post has been sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Triple Berry French Toast Bake is easy, delicious and made with the famous KING’S HAWAIIAN Sliced Hawaiian Sweet Bread. This can be customized with your favorite berries!
This Triple Berry French Toast Bake will be a new family favorite. You can make this ahead of time by prepping it the day/night before or you can make it the day of for extra freshness. This Triple Berry French Toast Bake is bursting with fresh berry flavor!
STEPS TO MAKE THIS TRIPLE BERRY FRENCH TOAST BAKE
This easy recipe requires a handful of ingredients and only a few simple steps.
I love KING’S HAWAIIAN bread and when I found out they came out with sliced bread, I had to try it! I purchased this KING’S HAWAIIAN Sliced Hawaiian Sweet Bread at Safeway, and they also had everything I needed to make this Triple Berry French Toast Bake.
The bread is simply amazing! It’s funny because when my husband and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon, we didn’t see any Hawaiian bread. It’s all over our grocery stores in California. I feel like this bread is trending and keeps getting more and more popular.
There is so much to love about this recipe. Once you make French toast with KING’S HAWAIIAN bread, I promise you won’t be able to go back. The slightly sweet, fluffy, and buttery-like bread soaks up the classic vanilla custard mixture, gets topped with fresh berries, and bakes until golden brown. This recipe reminds me of a bread pudding, and you will want this for dessert!
I like to sprinkle the top of my French toast with powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup. The French toast is delicious without these two, but I think it makes a perfect combination.
WANT TO SAVE MONEY WHEN SHOPPING AT SAFEWAY?
Check here to see where you can find your Safeway store locator!
WHY I LOVE KING’S HAWAIIAN BREAD
- KING’S HAWAIIAN Bread stays true to the original island recipe, delivering a uniquely soft and fluffy texture with just a touch of sweetness
- KING’S HAWAIIAN Bread will make any of your breakfast ideas irresistibly delicious
- The bread is affordable, and the whole family will be obsessed with this bread—guaranteed
I love fruit, especially anything with berries in it! Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries make a remarkable trio and give this recipe so much fresh flavor. This is also a great way to eat more fruit ;).
Make this Triple Berry French Toast Bake for your next weekend breakfast, brunch, family get-together, or for your next potluck! This travels great because it’s baked in a casserole dish, can be refrigerated, and warmed up conveniently. Everyone will love it berry much!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS TRIPLE BERRY FRENCH TOAST BAKE
French toast can be one of those deceiving recipes because it looks like it takes a lot of time and effort to make, but it really doesn’t. This recipe in particular is easy as can be, and my favorite part is it can be made in ahead of time. You probably already have most of these ingredients at home:
- KING’S HAWAIIAN® Sliced Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST IDEAS? TRY THESE!
- Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Cheesy Egg and Bacon Breakfast Sliders
- Honey Poppyseed Fruit Salad
- Fluffy Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
- Smoked Salmon and Avocado Breakfast Pizza
- Vegan Belgian Waffle
Don’t forget…shop at Safeway and save $1.50 on KING’S HAWAIIAN Bread and Bananas! Bananas would be a great addition to this recipe, too! Just slice them and top them on the baked french toast, yum!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Triple Berry French Toast Bake
- 1 package KING'S HAWAIIAN® Sliced Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk (you can also used reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries slice if the strawberries are fresh
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- maple syrup optional
- powdered sugar optional
- Grease a 9 x 13 casserole pan. Cut the Hawaiian sliced bread into cubes. It will be about 8 cups total. Place the bread cubes evenly in the greased pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla until combined. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread, making sure to wet all pieces. You can cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the cover from the french toast and sprinkle the berries evenly on top. You can add as many or as little berries as you would like, I think this is a perfect amount.
- Bake the french toast for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. The french toast should be firmer in texture. Sprinkle with powered sugar and serve with maple syrup. You can enjoy this immediately!