Last Updated on
These Fluffy Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes are protein packed with yogurt and are so incredibly fluffy! They make the perfect breakfast!
Who doesn’t love a stack of fresh pancakes in the morning? Especially a stack that is made completely from scratch!
Making pancakes from scratch isn’t as difficult as you would think. You probably have most of these ingredients at home so it making these just requires a few simple steps.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THESE FLUFFY VANILLA YOGURT PANCAKES
Whole wheat flour
Maple syrup; optional
I love that idea that you can eat these cakes feeling guilt-free. Any morning that I can eat pancakes is a good morning to me! Pancakes don’t have to be a weekend treat only..treat yourself on the weekdays by refrigerating the leftovers or just make more for the week.
CAN I FREEZE THESE FLUFFY VANILLA YOGURT PANCAKES?
YES! These pancakes store best in an airtight container or you can put them in a zip-lock bag. These pancakes can also be frozen for up to 6 weeks. Since these are already slightly sweet I can eat them plain. All I do is just heat a few up in the morning and eat them on the way to work. If you are one of those people that makes time to sit down for breakfast in the morning, big cheers to you.
These cakes are extra fluffy and has a hint of sweetness from the vanilla extract, yogurt and honey. Vanilla is my favorite flavor of just about any sweets…ice cream, cake, yogurt etc… If I had to choose between vanilla or chocolate, vanilla wins.
If you have kids these are great before school or a snack. You can make them into mini pancakes for fun! You will feel good about these being whole week too! If you wanted to make these 100% whole wheat, leave out the all-purpose white flour and replace it with the whole wheat flour. I personally don’t like the grainy taste from whole wheat so I like to add a little white flour to even it out.
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST IDEAS?
- Italian Sausage & Spinach Egg Bites
- Cheesy Egg & Bacon Breakfast Sliders
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Ricotta Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Fluffy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Fluffy Vanilla Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. honey melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oil I used canola
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup Vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup milk I used reduced-fat
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat a pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Whisk together the flours, baking powder, honey, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, vanilla, yogurt and milk until well combined. Add the milk 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over-mix, there will be a few lumps in the batter. If the batter seems too watery, add more whole wheat flour. If it seems too thick add more milk.
- Grease griddle with nonstick cooking spray or butter and pour about 2 Tbsp. of batter onto the griddle. I use a mini ice-cream scooper and it works perfectly. Allow the pancakes to cook for about 2 minutes or until you notice bubbles forming in the batter. Flip the pancakes carefully with a spatula and allow them cook for about 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to a larger platter, cover with foil- or put in the oven to warm keep the cakes warm.
- Top pancakes with your favorite toppings! I love to stick my favorites that are basic, butter, syrup and fresh berries! Of course you can use whatever your favorites are such as honey, chocolate chips, peanut butter, sprinkles, or just simply eat ‘em plain!