Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars are soft, chewy and loaded with sprinkles. These bars taste like cake batter and frosted sugar cookies in each bite! Made with only 6 ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Everyone will be hooked on this colorful and delicious dessert!
PIN Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars to try later!
FUNFETTI CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS
Not only are these Funfetti Cake Mix Cookie Bars delicious, colorful and fun. They are made in one-bowl, require 6 ingredients and can be made in 20 minutes! Funfetti cake mix always makes the most mouth-watering desserts like my Funfetti Cupcakes, Funfetti Dip, Dunkaroo Cheesecake Bites, Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies and Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies.
These Cake Mix Cookie Bars are easily made with cake mix and a few other ingredients. Bring these colorful treats to a birthday celebration, potluck, party or make them just because! You can change up the sprinkle colors for different occasions and holidays.
Funfetti cake mix: Betty Crocker, Pillsbury and Duncan Hines are all great cake mix options.
Eggs: room temperature eggs are always best.
Vanilla extract: enhances the flavors and vanilla is always a good idea to add to cake mixes.
Butter: be sure to use unsalted, the cake mix already has salt added in it.
Vanilla frosting: any brand of frosting will work or you can always make your own from scratch.
Sprinkles: I love using rainbow sprinkles (both jimmies and nonpareils sprinkles will work) because they are so colorful. Switch up the sprinkles for different occasions and holidays!
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE BARS FROM CAKE MIX
PREPARE BAKING DISH: Greasing or line with parchment paper.
MIX INGREDIENTS TOGETHER: In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, butter, eggs, vanilla extract and sprinkles until combined.
BAKE: 13-16 minutes. Cookie bars will be soft when you take them out of the oven.
- LET COOL: once cooled, frost, top with sprinkles, cut into squares. Enjoy!
THESE FUNFETTI CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS ARE
- Colorful and fun..who doesn’t love sprinkles. Am I right?!
- Soft, chewy, buttery and resemble a thick sugar cookie.
- Easier to bake than a cake! You could stick candles in these cookie bars and you’ll have a perfect Birthday treat!
- Customizable to your needs. Cut these cookie bars into small squares for bite sized treats or larger squares for more of a generous serving size.
COOKIE BAR VARIATIONS
I think these Cookie Bars are perfect just as they are but there are so many different variations you could bake based on what you feel like. You could use the following ingredients instead of the ingredients I used in this recipe.
Cake Mix: yellow, white, strawberry or chocolate cake mix would all be delicious. *Bake Strawberry Cake Mix Cookie Bars for Valentine’s Day!
Sprinkles: this is totally up to you! Use whichever colors you want depending on the occasion. Rainbow sprinkles are perfect for a birthday or celebration! These cookie bars are a lot easier to make than a cake 😉
Chocolate chips: white, semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips would be delicious in the batter and/or sprinkles on top of the frosting.
Frosting: I love the way vanilla frosting pairs with the cookie bars but chocolate, cream cheese or strawberry frosting would also be delicious depending on which cake mix you use.
TIPS ON MAKING CAKE MIX COOKIE BARS
- Be sure not to over-bake these bars. They will harden just a bit when you take them out of the oven so it’s ok if they seem soft.
- I recommend placing these cookie bars in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before cutting into bars, just until the frosting has set. It will be easier and cleaner to cut into squares.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes..kids will love doing this!
Storing leftover cookie bars is super easy! Simply place the leftover cookie bars in an airtight container or cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap. The cookie bars will last up to 5 days.
FREEZING COOKIE BARS
You can freeze unfrosted cookie bars in a tightly wrapped or sealed container. You can also place unfrosted cookie bars in a heavy duty ziplock and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight, add frosting and sprinkles when ready.
Everyone will love this colorful and deliciously sprinkled treat!
LOOKING FOR OTHER FUN & DELICIOUS DESSERTS? TRY THESE!
- Cake Batter Sprinkle Cookies
- Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats
- Cheesecake Sprinkle Cookies
- Circus Animal Blondies
- White Chocolate Dipped Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Birthday Cake Cheesecake
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies Bars
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter; unsalted softened
- 2 large eggs room temperature preferred
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles; plus more for topping
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish or line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, butter, eggs, vanilla extract and sprinkles until combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish and bake for 13-16 minutes. Each oven is different so you want to keep an eye on these and be sure they don't over cook. You want your bars to be soft when you take them out of the oven. Let the bars cool.
- Once cooled, spread cookie bars with frosting- I usually only use about half of the can of frosting. Top with sprinkles, cut into squares and enjoy.
- Add food coloring to the frosting if you want to add color for different occasions or holidays. You can also use different sprinkles!
- You can cut your cookie bar squares as large or small as you want. The yield will vary depending on the size.
- Store leftover cookie bars in an airtight container or cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap. The cookie bars will last up to 5 days.
- You can freeze unfrosted cookie bars in a tightly wrapped or sealed container. You can also place unfrosted cookie bars in a heavy duty ziplock and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight, add frosting and sprinkles when ready.
How fun are these! My kids would love these, so I am going to try making them at the weekend.
I hope you all love this funfetti recipe as much as I did!
Love how easy this recipe is. It’s perfect for our family!
These are the prettiest most festive cookie bars EVER! Thanks for the recipe!
Aw thank you! I hope you enjoy this fun recipe!
I love cookie bars and these are just too pretty to pass up! I love how easy they are to make, too!
Thank you Jenn!
Such a fun cookie bar! My kids couldn’t stop eating it!
Woohoo!! So happy to hear that 🙂
Another recipe to follow to enhance my baking skills. I’ll use this and bake for my family.
Do you melt in he butter?
Hi Ashley, great qustion! I use softened butter for this recipe so it’s easy to mix in with the other ingredients. I will also update the recipe card. Thank you and please let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂