As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
If you love Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins then you will LOVE these Fluffy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes! These make a great addition to your next Sunday brunch!
LEMON POPPY SEED PANCAKES
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are good, but these Fluffy Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are great!
These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are ridiculously easy to make because we all know how difficult it could be to actually sit down and eat breakfast during the week. You can meal prep these and freeze them so when you are in a hurry (for me it’s basically every morning) just pop them into the toaster!
There is something about Sunday mornings that calls for breakfast or brunch. Since we don’t ever have time to eat a real breakfast during the week, Sunday is always my favorite time to make my favorite breakfast items, including these pancakes!
HOW TO FREEZE LEMON POPPY SEED PANCAKES
After you make the pancakes, let them cool completely. Wrap each pancakes individually in plastic wrap. Try to get little to no air when wrapping the pancakes. Place in the freezer until ready to eat. When ready to eat, simply unwrap the pancakes and pop them in the toaster until soft and warm!
These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are a bit different because they are not like your traditional buttermilk pancakes..they have a hint of lemon with a touch of poppy seeds. They resemble a moist buttery lemon poppy seed muffin….so good!
The melted butter that’s added to the batter really gives these cakes an extra hint of deliciousness, so be sure not to skip out on that part. Top with fresh fruit, I found that raspberries compliment this perfectly. These are best when stacked high just how I like them so enjoy!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE LEMON POPPY SEED PANCAKES
Fresh lemon juice
THESE LEMON POPPYSEED PANCAKES ARE:
- Simply amazing. They are soft and fluffy and everything you want in a pancake
- Perfect for breakfast or brunch
- Bright and fresh with just enough sweet flavor to balance the lemon tartness
- A flavorful twist on regular pancakes
I like to top these delicious pancakes with a pat of butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh raspberries for even more fresh flavor!
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Fluffy Vanilla Pancakes
- Ricotta Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
- Classic Buttermilk Waffles
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Lemon Poppy Seed Fluffy Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 2 cups milk I used low-fat milk
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds
- butter or cooking spray for frying pan
- Maple syrup
- Fresh Raspberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk in the sugar, lemon zest, milk, eggs, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Melt butter and pour into batter while whisking at the same time. Also, add in poppy seeds and mix until batter is completely smooth and does not have any lumps.
- Heat a griddle, or a nonstick pan over medium heat and add about a 1/2 tablespoon of butter or spray cooking spray when heated.
- For small pancakes pour 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake and for larger pancakes, pour about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom and and bubbling on top. Flip once and cook until golden brown on each side. Top with warm maple syrup and sprinkle with fresh fruit (I used raspberries)