As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These Best Ever Mini Cheesecake Bites not only are one of the easiest desserts I’ve made, but they are also creamy, thick and have a hint of cinnamon, all ready in less than an hour.
There is a reason why these are called The Best Ever Mini Cheesecakes. When I make cheesecake I usually make a huge one in a springform pan. This time I was wanting to make them for dessert for my boyfriend. I didn’t feel like making a huge cheesecake plus it would take double the time to make and then I would have to let it sit…so mini cheesecakes it was!
All you need to make these cheesecake bites is a cupcake baking pan and you are good to go. This recipe makes 12 mini cheesecakes (made in REGULAR cupcake tins, not mini) so if you need more, simply make a double batch. This is always a good idea because these little desserts will go quick.
If you are trying to eat healthy most of the time like me and need a sweet treat occasionally (like me) you will be happy you made this recipe. When I crave sweets, I just really want a few bites of something sweet, delicious and satisfying. One mini cheesecake will take a couple bites so you don’t need to feel guilty for indulging.
Mini desserts have been all the rage lately, and these little bites are the perfect dessert for any occasion. I bet you can’t have just one of these Best Ever Mini Cheesecake Bites…
Most of what you need will be kitchen staples, except maybe the cream cheese and graham crackers, both of which are easy to locate at the grocery store. Keep in mind that cream cheese does freeze well, so stock up for cheesecake bite emergencies and graham cracker crumbs are, of course, shelf stable.
Graham Cracker Crust:
Cinnamon graham crackers – Traditional cheesecake almost always has a graham cracker crust. I like to use cinnamon graham crackers (as well as a dash of cinnamon in my cheesecake batter,) just to add a little something extra. You could also use vanilla wafers. If you can’t find this specific flavor, add a dash of ground cinnamon to plain graham crackers.
Butter – When mixed with the graham cracker crumbs, it creates the most delicious cheesecake crust. Simple yet full of flavor.
Granulated sugar – Sugar in the crust caramelizes and holds together all the ingredients while balancing flavor.
Cream cheese – Cream cheese is the base for all cheesecake recipes! It balances out all the sweet and gives it it’s sturdy structure. Full fat is best for the most decadent texture, but feel free to swap out a reduced fat option.
Granulated sugar – You need some sugar to balance out the tart flavor of the cream cheese.
Eggs – Eggs give things like custards and cheesecakes their extra smooth and rich texture.
Vanilla extract – Vanilla adds a little bit of warm flavor to your creamy cheesecake batter.
Ground cinnamon – I like to think this is my secret ingredient! It adds just a touch of flavor, but totally makes a difference and those little brown flecks add to the allure.
Fresh berries – These are optional. I like to keep it simple and use berries (like fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries) to top my easy mini cheesecakes. However, there are several other delicious options that I discuss below.
HOW TO MAKE MINI CHEESECAKES
- First things first, we need to preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then line a regular sized cupcake baking pan with paper cupcake liners. I’ve seen other recipes that use muffin tins, a silicone mold or even a mini muffin tin, but to make it simple, we’re just using a standard pan.
- Now onto the crust! Combine the graham crackers, sugar and melted butter in a food processor. Continue to pulse for a few minutes. You want the mixture to be a crumb-like consistency.
- Once you’ve reached the desired consistency, evenly divide the graham cracker mixture into the 12 cups. Firmly press mixture into the bottom of each cup. I find that using a spice jar or small cup makes this easiest. It’s ok if the top of the crust goes up the sides of the cups a bit.
- Time to make the filling! In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon with a stand mixer or hand mixer until smooth. Then spoon the mixture evenly on top of the crusts. You can do this with a regular spoon or even a cookie scoop to make sure you get even amounts.
- Bake cheesecakes for 16-20 minutes or until the middles are set. Let the cheesecake cool fully and remove paper wrappers. Top with fresh berries or your favorite toppings!
I prefer to keep this cheesecake recipe simple and add fresh berries to the tops, but the possibilities are endless!
- Optional toppings– Any combination of these is dreamy: caramel, lemon curd, fruit jams, chocolate sauce, melted chocolate or even whipped cream.
- Cheesecake filling flavors- This is a classic cheesecake recipe, however, feel free to dress it up with other flavors right in the batter. You could make them strawberry cheesecake bites by blending in a small amount of strawberry puree or topping and then garnishing with fresh strawberries. Same goes for any other fruit flavor like raspberry cheesecake bites by adding raspberry topping on top or even adding it to the cream cheese mixture before baking.
Storage & Freezing
If you have any leftovers, make sure to store them in an airtight container. Because they are made with dairy, they don’t hold up well at room temperature for very long. Store them in the refrigerator.
They are also freezer-friendly. Try to package them in airtight containers and wrap as tightly as possible, remember, air is the enemy. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave unwrapped at room temperature and then refrigerate.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS DESSERT RECIPES?
WANT MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES?.
These easy Lemon Cheesecake Bars are also a must make if you love lemon and cheesecake! They are perfectly creamy and have a zesty hint to them!
My Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites are another favorite cheesecake treat, especially if you love Oreo cookies!
Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites are the best of both worlds if you love Apple Pie and Cheesecake!
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bites are made with a snickerdoodle cookie crust and rich vanilla cinnamon filling.
Cheesecake Balls are a no-bake dessert coated in sprinkles or graham cracker crumbs and are bite size.
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes are a chocolate lovers dream, made with an Oreo crust and creamy chocolate filling.
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Best Ever Mini Cheesecake Bites
For the Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup cinnamon graham crackers
- 3 Tbsp. butter; melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 oz. cream cheese 2 packages; softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Fresh berries to garnish; optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the graham crackers, sugar and melted butter. Process for a few minutes until the mixture turns into a crumb-like consistency.
- Line a REGULAR cupcake baking pan with paper liners and evenly divide the graham mixture among 12 cups. With a spice jar, firmly press onto the graham mixture to form a crust. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs,vanilla and cinnamon with an electric mixer until smooth. With a tablespoon, spoon the mixture evenly on top of the crusts.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the middles are set. Let the cheesecake cool and remove paper wrappers. Top with fresh berries or your favorite toppings!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram!