As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes are easy to make and layered with an Oreo crust and a light and creamy chocolatey cheesecake filling. These are the perfect size and take only a few minutes to prep and bake!
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
If you love chocolate mousse and cheesecake, you’ll instantly fall in love with this chocolate filled dessert. These chocolate cheesecake bites are extra light and has the perfect amount of sweet chocolate flavor. They take a fraction of the time to make and prep so you can make these any time!
Some of my most popular recipes on my blog are some of my other mini cheesecakes such and these Classic Cheesecakes Bites and Oreo Cheesecake Bites. I love how small they are and you don’t have to feel obligated for feeding a crowd by making a huge cheesecake.
These make the perfect Valentine’s Day treat because chocolate desserts are always a good idea. Other easy Valentine’s Day treats to make are Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies, Brownie Mix Cookies, and Heart Shaped Cherry Pies.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy recipe: This mini chocolate cheesecake recipe is so easy to make as apposed to a whole cheesecake and they don’t require a water bath or sour cream. All you’ll need is less than 10 ingredients and 30 minutes.
- Great for any occasion: Serve these at birthday parties, special occasions (add sprinkles to the tops), baby showers, potlucks and any holiday (especially Valentine’s Day).
- Perfect portion size: Everyone loves desserts that are miniature! You don’t have to feel bad about eating 1 or 2..
- Chocolate lovers dessert: These cheesecake bites are creamy, dreamy and filled with rich chocolate cheesecake filling that chocolate fans will love.
- Cream cheese: Softened and full-fat cream cheese works best with this recipe. You’ll need one 8 ounce package total.
- Sugar: Used to sweeten the cheesecake filling and tanginess of the cream cheese.
- Whole eggs: Adds richness and gives these cheesecake bites a rich and creamy texture. The eggs will also make the cheesecake batter smooth.
- Vanilla extract: Compliments and enhances the flavor of the chocolate.
- Oreo crumbs: You can also use any type of chocolate cookie such as Joe Joe’s, chocolate Teddy Grahams, mint Oreos, regular Oreos or knock off Oreo’s. We use a chocolate cookie crust instead of a traditional graham cracker crust to get more chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate chips: We use good quality milk chocolate chips to add a sweet chocolate flavor. You could also uses semi-sweet or a combination of both.
How To Make Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Prepare Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the chocolate cookies, melted butter, and sugar. Process for a few minutes until the mixture turns into fine crumbs. Line a REGULAR muffin tin with paper cupcake liners or silicone wrappers and evenly divide the cookie mixture among 12 cups. With a spice jar, firmly press onto the cookie mixture to form a crust and set aside.
Make Cream Cheese Mixture: In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat again until combined, be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
Add Chocolate: Slowly add in the melted chocolate with a spatula until combined but don’t over-mix. The batter will be thick and thats ok. Be sure to use a small spoon to make even out the batter in the cups.
Fill and Bake: Spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly on top of the chocolate cookie crust. Bake cheesecakes for 15-17 minutes or until the middles are set. Let the cheesecakes cool completely for at least 30 minutes, then transfer them to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. My favorite way to top each cheesecake is with a drizzle of melted chocolate, crushed whole Oreos, and fresh raspberries (optional). Enjoy!
Recipes Tips & Variations
Room temperature cream cheese: It’s extremely important that the cream cheese is at room temperature and soft enough to blend together smoothly to create an extra creamy texture.
If you do not have a food processor: Crush the chocolate cookies by sealing them in an airtight bag and smashing them with a rolling pin or another hard object.
Graham cracker crust: Instead of making a chocolate Oreo cookie crust, use graham crackers instead.
Triple chocolate cheesecakes: Add more chocolate by folding in a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the cheesecake batter before baking, then add chocolate ganache or chocolate frosting to the top of the cheesecakes after baking and cooled.
For vegan cheesecake bites: Use a dairy-free cream cheese, butter, chocolate chips, and substitute the eggs with cornstarch and vinegar or lemon juice.
For gluten-free cheesecake bites: Use gluten-free chocolate cookies and gluten-free chocolate chips.
Toppings: Drizzle cheesecakes with your choice of melted chocolate, milk or white chocolate ganache, raspberry, strawberries, swirl on whipped cream, powdered sugar, chocolate shavings, or enjoy them plain just as they are.
Can I Make These Into Super Mini Cheesecakes?
Instead of making these chocolate cheesecakes in a regular muffin pan, make them in a mini muffin pan to get the perfect bite-sized treat!
You can use a 24-count mini muffin pan. Follow the recipe as written and press 1 teaspoon of crust mixture into each mini muffin line. Pour filling evenly into each and bake time will be around 10 minutes. Yields 40-50 super mini cheesecakes.
Leftovers & Storage
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze your cheesecakes bites by individually wrapping each cheesecake with plastic wrap and then with aluminum foil. Place them in an airtight container. Be sure the cheesecake bites are completely cool before freezing.
They will freeze up to 3 months. When ready to eat the frozen cheesecakes bites, simply defrost on the counter for 2-4 hours and enjoy. This is great for individually servings.
Other Mini Cheesecake Recipes
- Classic Mini Cheesecake Recipe
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bites
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Dunkaroo Cheesecake Bites
Other Chocolate Desserts
- Chocolate Cookie Dough Truffles
- Thick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Oreo Truffles
- Rocky Road Clusters
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 14 Oreo or chocolate cookies creme filling removed
- 3 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 brick) softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 whole egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the chocolate cookies, melted butter, and sugar. Process for a few minutes until the mixture turns into a crumb-like consistency.
- Line a REGULAR muffin pan with paper liners or silicone wrappers and evenly divide the cookie mixture among 12 cups. With a spice jar, firmly press onto the cookie mixture to form a crust and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat again until combined, be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Slowly add in the melted chocolate with a spatula until combined but don't over-mix. The batter will be thick and thats ok. Be sure to use a small spoon to make even out the batter in the cups.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly on top of the chocolate cookie crust. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the middles are set. Let the cheesecakes cool completely for at least 30 minutes, then transfer them to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top cheesecakes with melted chocolate, crushed Oreo crumbs, and fresh fruit (optional), enjoy!