Last Updated on May 29, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Funfetti ‘Dunkaroo’ Cheesecake Bites have all the flavors of funfetti cake batter, dunkaroo frosting, and creamy cheesecake! This is the ultimate dessert made with a Nilla Wafers cookie crust.
FUNFETTI ‘DUNKAROO’ CHEESECAKE BITES
This dessert is truly remarkable. Imagine all the flavors of Funfetti cake batter, sweet dunkaroo frosting, and creamy cheesecake in one bite! The vanilla flavored Nilla Wafers cookie crust on the bottom compliments the cheesecake flavor so perfectly! This makes the best dessert for any occasion or celebration.
These funfetti bites will be your new favorite cheesecake dessert. They will also take you back to the good old Dunkaroo Dip that you loved as a kid!
This recipe is a combination of two of my favorite recipes on my blog- my Cheesecake Bites and Funfetti Dunkaroo Dip. I wanted to combine the two favorites into one dessert and came up with this. I wish I would of thought of this combo sooner!
Every bite is bursting with flavor and you will be amazed at how delicious this dessert it. These bites are hard to resist and will be a crowd pleaser, guaranteed!
THESE FUNFETTI ‘DUNKAROO’ CHEESECAKE BITES ARE
- Extremely easy to make and don’t require any fancy tools. All you need is a mixing bowl, food processor, muffin pan, and cupcake liners! If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush the Nilla Wafers by using a ziplock bag and roll a rolling pin over it to crush them.
- They taste like cake batter and creamy cheesecake with a buttery vanilla crust in every bite.
- You can customize the sprinkle colors for any occasion. You can make them for a birthday celebration, girl or boy baby shower, Christmas, Halloween, Four of July, and so much more!
- Fluffy, sweet, fun, creamy, and decadent! They will put a smile on anyones face!
- They are the size of a cupcake and much easier to make than a whole cheesecake. Also, this mini size cheesecake can be stored and eaten individually for your convenience.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THESE FUNFETTI ‘DUNKAROO’ CHEESECAKE BITES
- Nilla Wafers
- Cream cheese
- Funfetti cake mix
- Sour cream
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THESE CHEESECAKE BITES IN A NUT SHELL
First you start of with a buttery Nilla Wafers cookie crust. Spoon the cookie crumbs into a lined muffin pan.
Then top the cookie crust with a luscious cheesecake filling. The filling is perfectly creamy, sweet, and has sprinkles from the Funfetti cake mix. You can add more sprinkles inside the batter for more color if you prefer.
I top the batter with more sprinkles and a pinch of the leftover Nilla Wafers cookie crumbs and bake! You can enjoy this once they have cooled or you can put them in the refrigerator to get cold.
If you have leftover cheesecake bites, you can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days. You can also freeze your cheesecakes bites by individually wrapping each cheesecake and place in an airtight container. They will freeze up to 6 months. When ready to eat the frozen cheesecakes bites, simply defrost and enjoy. This is great for individually servings!
I always recommend doubling this recipe because they will go quick!
HOW TO COOL THE CHEESECAKES
Once the cheesecakes are done baking, let them sit on the counter until they are cooled and at room temperature. Remove the cheesecakes from the muffin pan and place on a platter or serving dish. Place in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
LOOKING FOR OTHER FUN & DELICIOUS DESSERTS? TRY THESE!
- Cake Batter Sprinkle Cookies
- Cheesecake Sprinkle Cookies
- Circus Animal Blondies
- White Chocolate Dipped Cake Mix Cookies
- Cupcake Muddy Buddies
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Funfetti 'Dunkaroo' Cheesecake Bites
- Muffin baking pan
- Cupcake liners
- Food processor
For the Nill Wafers Cookie Crust
- 40 Nilla Wafers; about 1 1/4 cup reserve 1/4 cup to top the cheesecakes
- 1/4 cup butter; melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 16 oz. cream cheese 2 packages; softened
- 1 cup Funfetti cake mix
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the Nilla Wafers, sugar and melted butter. Process for a few minutes until the mixture turns into a crumb-like consistency.
- Line a REGULAR cupcake baking pan with paper liners and evenly divide the graham mixture among 12 cups- reserving 1/4 cup of the cookie crumbs. With a spice jar, firmly press onto the graham mixture to form a crust. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, Funfetti cake mix, sour cream, vanilla extraxt, sugar, and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth. With a spoon, spoon the mixture evenly on top of the crusts- fill all the way to the top. Sprinkle the tops with rainbow spinkles and more nilla wafer cookie crumbs.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the middles are set. Let the cheesecake cool and remove paper wrappers. Enjoy!
- You will have leftover cheesecake batter. It's so delicious you will want to bake this! To bake it, simply place the batter in a small baking pan, top with Nilla Wafers cookie crumbs, and sprinkles. Bake for 16-20 minutes.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can crush the Nilla Wafers by using a ziplock bag and roll a rolling pin over it to crush them.