As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This no bake Cheesecake Balls recipe is made with simple ingredients and resembles a classic cheesecake in a bite-sized form! Made with a creamy cheesecake filling, graham cracker crumbs, and your favorite toppings!
Cheesecake Balls Recipe
Calling all cheesecake lovers……
Let me introduce you to this Cheesecake Balls recipe! So satisfying and makes the best no bake treat for any occasion. These little dessert balls are made of a cheesecake mixture and then rolled in crushed graham crackers and sprinkles (you can use any of your favorites).
I love how this is a no bake recipe because it doesn’t require a ton of time and you can make this up to 2-3 days ahead. These are the perfect size for a quick grab and go sweet treat or anytime you want to have cheesecake in your fridge without going through the hassle of making one. Each bite is packed with textures of creaminess, crunchiness, and oh so satisfying cheesecake goodness!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Easy recipe: These balls take a fraction of the time to make than it would a standard cheesecake. You only need a few ingredients and no fancy water bath is required.
Customizable: You can add your favorite coating to the balls or add them to the mixture. See a full list of more idea below.
No-bake dessert: Make these for any occasion, holiday or party. They will be a huge hit anywhere and everyone will love how they’re a bite-sized treat.
Make ahead: This dessert actually tastes better the day before because they get more times to chill in the refrigerator and set.
- Softened cream cheese: I always recommend using full-fat cream cheese for cheesecake, however low-fat can be used instead. The cream cheese must be at room temperature and softened in order to get the perfect creamy texture. It will also help all of the ingredients come together.
- Butter: Adds a buttery flavor. I like to use salted so it helps balance out the sweetness a bit.
- Powdered sugar: Adds sweetness. Granulated sugar won’t work for this recipe as the texture of the sugar would be too grainy.
- Graham crackers: Helps bind the ingredients together and adds a light crunch. The graham cracker flavor helps bring out the signature “cheesecake flavor”. The graham cracker crumbs will replace the traditional graham cracker crust on cheesecakes.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a warm flavor and enhances the flavors. Pure vanilla extract is always best. You could also use almond extract to give a sugar cookie flavor.
How To Make This Cheesecake Balls Recipe
Make Cheesecake Mixture: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, and vanilla extract. Beat together with an electric hand mixer or you can use a stand mixer until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula often. The cheesecake should be smooth with the exception of the graham cracker crumbs.
Chill: Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill and harden for 1-2 hours.
Coat balls: Place the remaining 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl and place the sprinkles in a separate shallow bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Spray your hands with cooking spray and use a small cookie scoop (equivalent to 2 tablespoons) to scoop cheesecake balls. Scoop and roll balls to form perfectly round balls, then roll them in either the graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles. You can coat them in any of your favorite coatings- these are my two favorites!
Enjoy: Place cheesecake balls in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If you leave them in the fridge to chill, they will be more firm.
Can I Make Cheesecake Balls Super Mini?
Yes you can! Instead of using 2 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture for each ball, only use 1 tablespoon. These will be the perfect bite-sized treat
Room temperature cream cheese: It’s extremely important that the cream cheese is at room temperature and soft enough to blend together smoothly to create an extra creamy texture.
If you do not have a food processor: Crush the graham crackers by sealing them in an airtight bag and smashing them with a rolling pin or another hard object. You want the crackers to be fine crumbs.
For vegan cheesecake balls: Use a dairy-free cream cheese and butter.
For gluten-free cheesecake balls: Use gluten-free graham cracker or cookies for the coating.
Cheesecake Pops: Put these Cheesecake Balls on a lollipop stick to make Cheesecake Pops for parties, showers, birthdays, lunchbox treats, after school snacks, or any type of occasion that you want to add some fun 😉
My favorite ingredients to coat these cheesecake balls are crushed graham crackers and sprinkles. Some other ingredients you can use to coat the cheesecake balls or add to the cheesecake batter:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes (fun for the holidays)
- Crushed Oreos or any of your favorite cookies
- Freeze dried fruit
- Cocoa powder
- Mini M&Ms
- Shaved white chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate
- Holiday sprinkles (use any color or theme sprinkles that you wish)
- Chopped nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Melted chocolate
- Red velvet cake crumbs (or any cake flavor)
- Orange or lemon zest
- Cereal such as Fruity Pebbles, Rice Krispies, and granola.
Leftovers & Making Ahead
To Store: Place any leftover cheesecake balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To Freeze: Individually wrap each cheesecake ball with plastic wrap and place them in a freezer safe container or heavy-duty ziplock bag. . Freeze up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simply defrost on the counter until thawed completely.
Make-ahead: Prep these 2-3 days ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. They will become more firm and delicious as time goes by so making these in advance is a bonus to flavor!
Other No-Bake Favorite Desserts
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels
- BEST EVER Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Peppermint Grahams
- Oreo Balls
- Mummy Rice Krispies Treats
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bars
- Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats
Other Cheesecake Recipes
- Classic Mini Cheesecake Bites
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bites
- Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes
- Dunkaroo Cheesecake Bites
- Ice Cream Nachos
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Cheesecake Balls Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon salted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles (any color will work)
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, and vanilla extract. Beat together with an electric hand mixer or you can use a stand mixer until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula often. The cheesecake should be smooth with the exception of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill and harden for 1-2 hours.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl and place the sprinkles in a separate shallow bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Spray your hands with cooking spray and use a small cookie scoop (equivalent to 2 tablespoons) to scoop cheesecake balls. Scoop and roll balls to form perfectly round balls, then roll them in either the graham cracker crumbs or sprinkles. You can coat them in any of your favorite coatings- these are my two favorites!
- Place cheesecake balls in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If you leave them in the fridge to chill, they will be more firm. Enjoy!