As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bites taste just like classic peppermint bark but in a cheesecake form! Made with an Oreo cookie crust and loaded with chocolate chips and peppermint pieces. This is the perfect holiday dessert!
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
If you’re looking for an easy, hassle-free dessert that’s packed with holiday flavors, these Peppermint Bark Cheesecakes Bites are perfect! They are so creamy, decadent, and has a hint of peppermint and chocolate bits swirled through each mini cheesecake.
Did I mention these have a chocolate Oreo crust that pairs perfectly with all the cheesecake flavors.
Made in a cupcake pan so they are the perfect-sized dessert and make the best dessert for holiday parties, pot lucks, gatherings, showers, or any time you’re craving cheesecake and peppermint bark. You can top with more chocolate and peppermint pieces, whipped cream, or enjoy them just as they are.
- Oreo crumbs: You can also use any type of chocolate cookie such as Joe Joe’s, chocolate Teddy Grahams, mint Oreos, regular Oreos or knock off Oreo’s. We use a chocolate cookie crust instead of a traditional graham cracker crust to get more chocolate flavor.
- Cream cheese: I always recommend using full-fat cream cheese for cheesecake, however low-fat can be used instead. The cream cheese must be at room temperature and softened in order to get the perfect creamy texture. It will also help all of the ingredients come together.
- Egg: Make sure the egg is at room temperature so it incorporates into the batter. The egg will add richness and will give the cheesecakes a custard-like texture.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a warm flavor and enhances the flavors. Pure vanilla extract is always best.
- Peppermint extract: Adds the peppermint flavor and signature peppermint bark flavor.
- Chocolate chips: We use a combination of good quality semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips but you can use chocolate chips such as milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and mini chocolate chips. You could also use a chopped chocolate bar instead.
- Candy canes or peppermint candies: What would peppermint bark be without peppermint bits? You can add as much or little as you want but I think 2-3 tablespoons is the perfect amount.
How To Make Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bites
Prepare Cookie Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the chocolate cookies, melted butter, and sugar. Process for a few minutes until the mixture turns into a crumb-like consistency. Line a REGULAR muffin pan with paper liners or silicone wrappers and evenly divide the cookie mixture among 12 cups. With a spice jar, firmly press onto the cookie mixture to form a crust and set aside.
Make Cheesecake Filling: In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract and beat again until combined, be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Fold in the crushed candy canes and chocolate chips with a spatula until combined but don’t over-mix.
Fill, Bake, and Assemble: Spoon the cheesecake batter evenly on top of the chocolate cookie crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the center of cheesecake bites are set. Let the cheesecakes cool completely on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes, then transfer them to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Add melted chocolate and more crushed candy canes and chocolate chips to the top of the cheesecake bites (optional). Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Variations
Room temperature cream cheese: It’s extremely important that the cream cheese is at room temperature and soft enough to blend together smoothly to create an extra creamy texture.
If you do not have a food processor: Crush the chocolate cookies by sealing them in an airtight bag and smashing them with a rolling pin or another hard object.
Use peppermint bark: Instead of using white and semi-sweet chocolate chips in the filling, chop up store-bought peppermint bark and add it in the filling.
For Vegan Cheesecake Bite: Use a dairy-free cream cheese, butter, chocolate chips, and substitute the eggs with cornstarch and vinegar or lemon juice.
For gluten-free cheesecake bites: Use gluten-free chocolate cookies and gluten-free chocolate chips.
Toppings: Drizzle cheesecakes with your choice of melted chocolate, milk or white chocolate ganache, swirl on whipped cream, powdered sugar, peppermint bark pieces, chocolate shavings, or enjoy them plain just as they are.
Can I Make These Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bites Super Mini?
YES you can!
You can use a 24-count mini muffin pan. Follow the recipe as written and press 1 teaspoon of crust mixture into each mini muffin line. Pour filling evenly into each and bake time will be around 10 minutes. Yields 40-50 super mini cheesecakes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Easy to Make: These Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bites are mini and made in a muffin pan instead of a springform pan. More good news, theres no water bath required. Woo hoo!
Peppermint Bark Lovers Dream Dessert: Has all the same flavors of peppermint bark in a cheesecake form.
Perfect For the Holiday Season! Packed with candy cane pieces, white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, a creamy cheesecake filling and more chocolate for the ultimate holiday dessert.
Prep the Day Before: These cheesecakes actually taste better the day before because they get more times to chill in the refrigerator and set.
Leftovers & Storage
To Store: Place any leftover cheesecake bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To Freeze: Individually wrap each cheesecake with plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or heavy-duty ziplock bag. Be sure the cheesecake bites are completely cool before freezing. Freeze up to 3 months.
When ready to eat the frozen cheesecake bites, simply defrost on the counter until thawed completely.
Other Mini Cheesecake Recipes
- Classic Mini Cheesecakes
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bites
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Dunkaroo Cheesecake Bites
Other Holiday Recipes
- Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Santa’s Cookies
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Bites
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 14 Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies creme filling removed
- 2 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 brick) softened at room temperature
- 1 whole large egg at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons crush candy canes or peppermint candies plus more for the topping
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips plus more for the topping
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips plus more for the topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the chocolate cookies, melted butter, and sugar. Process for a few minutes until the mixture turns into a crumb-like consistency.
- Line a REGULAR muffin pan with paper liners or silicone wrappers and evenly divide the cookie mixture among 12 cups. With a spice jar, firmly press onto the cookie mixture to form a crust and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract and beat again until combined, be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Fold in the crushed candy canes and chocolate chips with a spatula until combined but don't over-mix.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly on top of the chocolate cookie crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the middles are set. Let the cheesecakes cool completely for at least 30 minutes, then transfer them to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Top cheesecakes with melted chocolate and more crushed candy canes and chocolate chips (optional). Enjoy!