Last Updated on
These soft and chewy Circus Animal Cookie Blondies are buttery and sweet. Pieces of the famous Circus Animal Cookies are in each bite!
I wanted to share an extra special treat recipe with you all that consists of some of my favorite cookies! I present to you….Circus Animal Blondies! Who doesn’t love these good old fashioned famously legendary Circus Animal Cookies?! I know I sure love them. It’s hard not to love a pink and white frosted cookie that is covered in sprinkles, am I wrong? These cookies definitely remind me of a childhood treat.
These Circus Animal Blondies are made with a basic buttery blondie batter and then I added crushed Circus Animal Cookie pieces, sprinkles and then topped them with more cookies. They smell like heaven when they come out of the oven, FYI!
You want to be sure to let these cool until they are set for at least 10-15 minutes. Otherwise the frosting from the animal cookies will smear when you cut them into bars. The bars are in-between of a dense butter cookie and cake. With lots of cookie pieces and sprinkles in between.
I know for a fact that any child would love these because I made these for a BBQ and these were the biggest hit for the kiddos! We had to hide them until they all ate all of there dinner so it was a perfect bribe! These would make a great after school treat for the kids or event a dessert for their lunch boxes. Some other sprinkle-inspired treats are these Sprinkle Pudding Cookies and my Cake Batter Sprinkle Cookies.
Circus Animal Blondies
- 3/4 cup butter; salted and room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups Circus Animal Cookies
- 1/4 cup sprinkles, plus more to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time until combined. Add the vanilla extract and mix for another 30 seconds until mixture is smooth and combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until the dough starts to come together. The consistency will be like a thicker cake batter. Fold in the Circus Animal Cookie pieces and sprinkles until combined.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and pour batter evenly. I used a spoon to smooth out the thick batter. Top with more cookies and more sprinkles.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely on a cooling rack. Slice into squares with a sharp knife and serve. Enjoy!