As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies are simply made with a box of cake mix, lots of rainbow sprinkles and are so much fun! Chewy, soft, made in 20 minutes and require only 6 ingredients. They are easy to make, everyone will love them!
FUNFETTI CAKE MIX COOKIES
These Funffeti Cake Mix Cookies aka Confetti Cookies are the ultimate cake mix cookie! If you love cake, fun cookies and sprinkles you are reading your new favorite cookie recipe. Perfect for kids, birthday parties, potlucks and any holiday- just swap the fun colorful sprinkles for the theme of the holiday. 😉
There was a year where we had so many different events and fun activities, I would bake these every time. I knew this recipe by heart because I made them so much and I would always get asked for the recipe. Everyone loved the funfetti flavor and that they were made with a boxed cake mix.
The next time you need a quick cookie recipe, these are the perfect cookies. You only need 20 minutes from start to finish and theres only 6 simple ingredients in these colorful cookies.
Why You’ll Love These funfetti cake mix cookies
- Vanilla or Funfetti cake mix: We use one box of funfetti cake mix, you can use either one. The only difference between Funfetti and Vanilla or White Cake Mix is the Funfetti has sprinkles in the cake mix. Betty Crocker, Pillsbury and Duncan Hines are all great cake mix options. If you use white cake mix, be sure to add additional sprinkles.
- Baking powder: Just a little will make these cookies rise and get extra fluffy.
- Eggs: Room temperature eggs are always best.
- Oil: Any type of neutral oil will work such as canola oil or vegetable oil. Alternatively, melted and cooled butter will work as well.
- Vanilla extract: Enhances the flavors and vanilla is always a good idea to add to cake mixes.
- Rainbow sprinkles: We add extra sprinkles for fun. You can use any sprinkle colors and use more or less than what the recipe calls for.
How to Make Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Mix ingredients: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry cake mix and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine and stir wet and dry ingredients together: Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir until there are no cake mix white pockets. Make sure the batter is smooth and fluffy. Fold in the sprinkles until combined (save some sprinkles for the topping).
- Form cookies and bake: With a mini cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto a prepared cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Top each cookie with more sprinkles and bake for 9-12 minutes (they may look under-cooked). Place on cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy each bite!
- Gluten-Free Cookies: Use gluten-free cake mix to make these cookies gluten-free.
- Sandwich Cookies: Stuff the center of two cookies with a scoop of ice cream or add cream cheese frosting in the middle if you wanted to make cookie sandwiches and elevate this dessert.
- For best results, use a small cookie scoop to keep all your cookies the same size. This will allow for even baking and prevent the cookies from burning.
- Favorite Mix-Ins and Add-Ins: White chocolate chips, M&Ms’s, chopped nuts, and chopped Golden Oreos or regular Oreos.
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies: Use chocolate cake mix- add in chocolate chips to make them even more chocolatey.
- Brownie Mix Cookies: Use brownie mix.
- Frosted Funfetti Cookies: Add icing or frosting once the cookies have cooled. Add more sprinkles on top or colored sugar.
- Chocolate dipped cake mix cookies: Dip half of each cookie in melted white, milk or dark chocolate. You could also do a combination of chocolates!
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies: Try my Lemon Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies! They are made with 5 ingredients and if you love lemons desserts, you will love this recipe.
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies: Use white or yellow cake mix and add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies: Try my Valentine’s Day Cake Mix Cookies.
CAN I MAKE THESE INTO COOKIE BARS?
Yes! I would recommend using a 13×9 inch baking dish and line with parchment paper. Once cookie dough comes together, transfer batter to baking dish press into an even layer. Sprinkle top with sprinkles.
STORING LEFTOVER COOKIES
To-store: Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container or large ziplock bag. They will stay fresh for 7 days. They will still be ok to eat after 7 days but they may start to get crumbly and stale.
To-freeze: Allow the baked cookies to cool completely. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to flash freeze or harden. Once hard, place the cookies in a large freezer bag or stack in an airtight container. Store for up to 3 months- when ready to serve, remove from the freezer to thaw until softened.
Other easy cookie recipes
other cake mix recipes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box of Vanilla OR Funfetti cake mix and brand will work
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. In a small bowl, mix the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir until there are no cake mix white pockets. Make sure the batter is smooth and fluffy. Fold in the sprinkles until combined (save some sprinkles for the topping).
- With a mini ice-cream scooper, scoop the cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Top each cookie with more sprinkles and bake for 9-12 minutes (they may look under-cooked). Place on cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy each bite!
- You can add as many sprinkles as you want to this recipe. I find that one cup is the perfect cookie to sprinkle ratio.
- Store leftovers at room temperature in an airtight container or large ziplock bag. They will stay fresh for 7 days. They will still be ok to eat after 7 days but they may start to get crumbly and stale.
Last updated Originally posted By Kathryn Donangelo