As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats is an easy Fall dessert that’s loaded with warm pumpkin spice flavors and topped with a white chocolate drizzle and little pumpkins. Super gooey, soft, and are so easy (perfect for kids to help make). These spiced treats will be a new favorite!
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie Treats are one of my favorite desserts and I love pumpkin spice so this is my kind of treat!
Pumpkin season is pretty much here so that means I can finally bake my Fall favorites like these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats. I love all things pumpkin flavored, especially this time of year and these treats always hit the spot.
Similar to classic rice krispie treats except these have a Fall twist, are extra thick, and loaded with pumpkin spice flavor. The warm flavors remind of me the same flavors of pumpkin pie filling that I love so much.
Rice Krispie Treats are always a good idea, any time, anywhere. Am I right? They just work for everything such as a dessert, snack, lunchbox treat, and any other time you want a sweet and simple dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Perfect for Fall festivities: Pack these in your kids’ lunchbox, take them to the pumpkin patch, bring these to a Halloween party, classroom party, or serve them before your kiddos head out go trick or treating. My Mummy Rice Krispie Treats are super fun for kids, especially for Halloween.
More marshmallows: These treats have more marshmallows than traditional rice krispie treats. We use 1 bag plus an addition cup so theres soft marshmallow pillows in each bite.
Easy recipe: These are so easy to whip up and kids can even help. Let them drizzle the white chocolate and add the pumpkins to the tops.
Portable: You can easily transfer these to any party, event, or Fall festivity by placing them in an airtight container or cover platter with plastic wrap or foil.
- Rice Krispie cereal or any crispy rice cereal: The main ingredient and base of this recipe. Any rice krispie brand will work.
- Mini marshmallows: You’ll need one full bag of mini marshmallows plus more to fold in in the rice krispeis. The marshmallows will melt and bind the other ingredients together. Mini marshmallows works best for this recipe as opposed to the large size. Sometimes pumpkin spice marshmallows are available and you can use those instead of regular marshmallows to add even more pumpkin spice.
- Butter: I use salted butter to help cut the balance the sweetness. You could also use unsalted butter.
- Pumpkin pie spice: Adds the signature flavor of pumpkin pie and spice. You can also make your own from scratch by combining 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg, 3 tablespoons cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground cloves, 2 teaspoons allspice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger. This pumpkin spice mix will store well and you can use it for other Fall recipes.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a warm flavor.
- Mini candy pumpkins: Optional, for decoration. You can use any type of candy pumpkins, I think the mini pumpkin shapes are the cutest! You could also use Fall themed sprinkles, candy corns, or chocolate shaped pumpkins.
- White chocolate: Optional, we add a white chocolate drizzle on the tops of these treats and the white chocolate compliments the pumpkin spice flavors. You could use white chocolate chips or white candy melts.
- Orange food coloring gel: Optional, just a few drops will make these treats turn orange. You will get a deeper orange color the more drops you add.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
Prepare pan. Line a 9×9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
Melt marshmallows. Bring a large pot or stock pot to medium-low heat and add butter and melt. Reduce the heat to low and add the marshmallows. Stir until melted then add vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and orange food gel. Continue to stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
Stir in cereal. Remove the pot from heat and stir in the cereal until the marshmallow mixture completely coats the cereal. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows until evenly distributed.
Add mixture to prepared pan. Gently press the mixture into the pan. Make sure you don’t press too hard otherwise your treats will be too dense and hard. Drizzle melted chocolate on top and decorate with mini candy pumpkins (optional). Let rest for 30-60 minutes and then slice into squares. Enjoy!
Topping Ideas: Instead of white chocolate you can use frosting (canned or homemade). Buttercream, vanilla, cream cheese, or any of your favorite flavors.
Add-Ins: M&Ms, crushed Oreos, chopped nuts, pretzels, chocolate chips, or any other of your favorites for added crunch, texture, and flavor.
More pumpkin flavor: Want real pumpkin flavor? Add 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree to the marshmallow mixture and stir until melted.
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats: Make these into pumpkin shapes by forming the marshmallow coated cereal mixture in a ball shape with your hand. Use tootsie rolls on top for the stem and green frosting for the leaves.
Cereal: Other cereal options to use instead of rice Krispies is Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Chex Cereal, and Cheerio’s. Please note that the flavor will change depending on which cereal you use.
Spray your hands or rubber spatula: Use either cooking spray or rub them with butter before you press the rice krispie mixture on into your dish. This will prevent your hands from sticking to the sticky mixture. You can also use a butter wrap to press the mixture.
Treat size: I use a 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan because I love the thicker sized treats, but you can also use a 13×9 inch pan to yield 20-24 treats.
Brown the butter: If you’ve ever had Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats, you already know how amazing they are. Follow the steps in this recipe to brown the butter first before adding the marshmallows. This will add a rich, caramel, nuttiness flavor to your treats.
Marshmallow tips: Be sure to use melt the marshmallows on LOW heat to insure they stay soft and will make the treats fluffy. Only use fresh marshmallows- stale marshmallows won’t make these treats as gooey.
Shape these cereal treats: Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes instead of slicing them into bars. If you do this, I suggest you using a 13×9 inch pan to set the treats in so they aren’t as thick and it will be easier to cut in to.
Leftovers & Storage
To-store on counter: Place leftovers in an airtight container or cover a plate tightly with plastic wrap. Store in a cool room temperature area for up to 4-5 days. They may start to taste stale and harden after. You can also store in a large ziplock bag.
To-store in fridge: These treats will last a bit longer if you store them in the refrigerator but I don’t recommend it because they will dry out and become hard. They will store well for up to 1 week. Be sure to let sit out for at least 30 minutes to soften.
Other No-Bake Desserts
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels
- Chocolate Peppermint Grahams
- Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats
- Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats
Other Fall Desserts
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Spice Cookies
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Banana Pumpkin Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Turkeys
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- orange food gel optional
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate
- Line a 9×9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot or stock pot to medium-low heat and add butter and melt. Reduce the heat to low and add the marshmallows. Stir until melted then add vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and orange food gel. Continue to stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the cereal until the marshmallow mixture completely coats the cereal. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows until evenly distributed.
- Add the mixture to the prepared pan and gently press the mixture into the pan. Make sure you don't press too hard otherwise your treats will be too dense and hard. Drizzle melted chocolate on top and decorate with mini candy pumpkins (optional). Let rest for 30-60 minutes and then slice into squares. Enjoy!