Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
No-bake Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels make a delicious sweet and salty snack or dessert. Peanut butter filling is stuffed between two pretzels, then dipped in chocolate and topped with sprinkles. These can be made for any holiday or occasion!
PIN Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels to try later!
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PRETZELS
If you love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, you will fall in love with these Chocolate Dipped Pretzels that are stuffed with peanut butter. Made in less than 30 minutes and makes a great last-minute holiday treat.
Looking for a gift idea? These peanut butter pretzels make an easy edible gift and everyone will be sure to love them!
Add these teasy treats to a goodie bag, jar, or treat box for teachers, friends, neighbors, co-workers, or anyone you want to make feel special. You can even ship these treats to friends and family as a sweet holiday surprise.
A quick and easy dessert is always a good idea for any occasion. These pretzels are crunchy, sweet, salty, chocolatey, and eye-catching. Once you put these treats on a platter, they will go fast!
- Peanut butter: creamy works best. I do not recommend using natural peanut butter.
- Powdered sugar: used to sweeten the peanut butter dough and bind the ingredients together.
- Butter: unsalted preferred since peanut butter already has added salt.
- Brown sugar: either dark or light brown sugar will work.
- Vanilla extract: enhances the peanut butter flavors and pairs so well with chocolate. Vanilla extract: enhances the peanut butter flavors and pairs so well with chocolate.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: you can also use milk chocolate, white chocolate, dark chocolate, or a combination of both.
- Mini chocolate chips: used for the peanut butter dough. You could also use regular chocolate chips or a chocolate bar and chop it. I find the smaller chocolate pieces work best for the dough.
- Pretzels: the standard mini-size pretzels are perfect for this recipe. You could use any size you prefer. Squares, circle pretzels, other shapes, or large pretzels. The yield count will vary.
- Sprinkles: totally optional and can be any color for any occasion or holiday.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE DIPPED PRETZELS
Melt chocolate: Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of butter in a microwavable safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Heat for another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Dip and add sprinkles: Dip the pretzel sandwiches half way in the melted chocolate. Add sprinkles (optional) and place on lined baking sheet. Let harden on the counter or the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Add sea salt, mini m&ms, or chopped nuts to the chocolate instead of sprinkles.
- Make these into gluten-free treats by using gluten-free pretzels.
- Use vegan chocolate and butter to make vegan treats.
- Drizzle white chocolate on top of the semi-sweet chocolate for an extra chocolatey twist.
- Instead of adding mini chocolate chips to the peanut butter dough, add chopped up Reese’e pieces if you’re a peanut butter lover.
THESE TREATS ARE
- Quick to make so you can whip these up anytime you need a dessert or snack!
- Perfect for freezing.These pretzels freeze well so you can make these months in advance if needed.
- Easy enough for kids to help make or assemble. Let them add the sprinkles or help roll out the peanut butter balls.
- Great to make year-round. Simply switch out the rainbow sprinkles for holiday-themed sprinkles such as Valentine’s Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, and Christmas.
- A great addition to parties or can be made into party favors.
Refrigerator: These can be stored in an airtight container or storage bag in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Freezer: Chocolate dipped pretzels stores really well in the freezer. Store in an airtight container or storage bag for up to 3 months. If you keep them in the freezer longer, they may start to show white on the chocolate which is from the freezing process. They would still be ok to eat, but may not look as pretty.
HOW TO MELT CHOCOLATE
I’ve had issues melting chocolate for years! I could never get it right and 99% of the time I would end up with thick, over-heated chocolate. Well, it’s a lot easier than I thought, my friends.
There are two options:
- Put the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 15- second intervals. Mix it with a spatula, then continue to microwave for another 15 seconds. Repeat until chocolate is completely smooth and melted.
- You can put the chocolate in a double-broiler. You will have less of a chance of burning the chocolate with this method. If your chocolate hardens, you can always reheat the double-broiler and melt the chocolate again.
Whichever method you decide, always pay extra close attention to the chocolate since it melts quickly.
MORE EASY NO-BAKE TREATS
- Rocky Road Candy Clusters
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bites
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bars
- S’mores Snack Mix
- Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Pumpkin Energy Bites
- Lucky Charms Rice Krispies Treats
- Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Chocolate Peppermint Graham Crackers
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter; softened and divided
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 36 mini pretzels
- sprinkles; optional
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons softened butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together with an electric mixer or stand mixer until combined. Add the mini chocolate chips and mix again until the chocolate chips are evenly distributed in the dough. The peanut butter mixture will resemble a cookie dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper to place the prepared pretzels. Roll 1 tablespoon of peanut butter mixture into a ball and place between 2 pretzels to form a sandwich.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of butter in a microwavable safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Heat for another 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the pretzel sandwiches half way in the melted chocolate. Add sprinkles (optional) and place on lined baking sheet. Let harden on the counter or the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or storage bag in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- To store in the freezer, place pretzels in an airtight container or storage bag for up to 3 months. If you keep them in the freezer longer, they may start to show white on the chocolate which is from the freezing process. They would still be ok to eat, but may not look as pretty.
These bites are so very addictive! Chunchy, creamy, peanuty, chocolatey, and easy-to-make: I can’t ask for more! I love the sprinkle idea, this detail made them incredibly popular with my son and his friends!
That is amazing and I’m glad you loved the sprinkles too 😉 They make these pretzel bites fun!
These pretzels are winners! Look fantastic and taste amazing! And they were so easy to make. My kids went nuts! I love this recipe, fantastic– thank you. Give this 5 stars.
I appreciate that so much Jenny, thank you! So happy your kids loved them too 🙂
haha, sprinkles are not optional, at least not in our house with a toddler. These were definitely easy enough for a 2 yr old to help make, even if she did go a little crazy with the sprinkles. The flavours and textures are 10/10 – you can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate.
These tasty treats are so incredibly fun to make and the kids love adding the sprinkles.
So happy you agree too! 🙂 Thanks for trying my recipe, Dana!
I made these for the grandkids yesterday and they loved the chocolate with the salty pretzels. They especially liked the addition of the sprinkles to the snack. They were so easy to make I”ll be making the often.
I love that your grandkids loved this fun snack 🙂 Thanks so much, Marisa!
These peanut butter pretzel bites are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Also, I am now addicted to that peanut butter dough in the center, I could just eat it on its own with a giant spoon!!
The peanut butter filling is SOO good and addicting! So happy you loved it too!
I was just in a store where I saw gluten free pretzels yesterday, and had I seen this recipe sooner I would have lapped them up! What a perfect nod to a childhood treat of mine, dipping pretzels into peanut butter and eating them
With chocolate on the side!
I love using gluten-free pretzels too! I find them extra crunchy, making this snack extra delicious!
I’m soon throwing a party for my son. I will make these pretzels for the guests. I bet kids will love it. Thanks for the lovely idea.
That’s such a great idea, enjoy!!
These Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzels were so adorable and cute. The kids and I had a blast making them—and eating them! Have a great week!!
Thank you so much! So happy to hear this!
These look like the perfect treat and like something everyone will enjoy. Definitely want to try making these!
I hope you love them just as much as we did!