As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This Halloween Bark Recipe is made with a few easy ingredients and makes an easy treat. Made with your favorite Halloween candies and everyone will love it.
Halloween Bark Recipe
This Halloween Bark is the perfect way to use up any leftover candy from Halloween that you have laying around. Kids will love to help you make this treat because it’s so much fun and they can add their favorite candy pieces.
You won’t believe how easy this candy is to make, you only need a few minutes to put this together and then you let it set until it’s hardened (about an hour). It’s so colorful and filled with all kinds of candy flavors, textures, and has a nice crunch.
You can easily customize this Halloween Bark Recipe by using your favorite type of chocolate as the base and top it with your favorite candy. I love using both big and small candy pieces and the best part is this bark will last for a few weeks in the fridge so you can enjoy it for a while.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This is a great way to use up any leftover Halloween candy. Similar to my Candy Bar Cookies, these take a fraction of the time and can be made with any type of candy.
- Makes a fun treat! Both kids and adults will love this candy loaded bark.
- Perfect for a Halloween party, dessert, classroom treats, and any occasion (switch out the sprinkle colors).
- It’s so easy kids can make it. Let them pick out their favorite candy and add it to the top.
- Chocolate: I used semi-sweet chocolate because I love the bitterness is has. It balances out the sweetness but you can use any of your favorite flavored chocolates.
- Coconut oil: Helps melt the chocolate and make it smooth.
- Candy: I used Halloween-themed candy but the possibilities are endless. Use your favorites or any that you have at home!
- Vanilla extract: Enhances the chocolate flavor.
- Halloween Sprinkles: This is optional and for fun. Add your favorite themed sprinkles, or use rainbow sprinkles for any occasion.
How To Make Halloween Bark
- Melt chocolate. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds. Stir in-between each interval until the chocolate is smooth and melted. In the meantime, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Add to lined baking sheet. Pour melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out with a rubber or offset spatula to form a rectangular shape, about 12×7 inches.
- Add candy. Top with candy pieces and sprinkles on top.
- Let set. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and let set for at least an hour.
- Cup up. Cut the bark into random pieces with a sharp knife or break with your hands. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Variations
Switch up the chocolate: I use semi-sweet chocolate but you can use any type of candy melts, almond bark, white chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate.
Add a little bit of salt: Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top of the chocolate before letting it set in the refrigerator. This will balance out the sweetness and enhance the flavors.
Make this a spooky treat: Add candy eyes and use green candy melts. You can find these in the baking aisle at your grocery store or on Amazon. This adds a spooky and fun touch.
Add peanut butter flavor: Add a few tablespoons of creamy peanut butter to the chocolate mixture and melt. Top with your favorite peanut butter candies.
Chocolate Bars: Make these into chocolate bars instead of bark by cutting the bark into neatly cut bars. Using a sharp knife will help.
- Crushed or roughly chopped Oreos
- Pretzel bits or pretzel sticks
- Candy eyeballs
- Chocolate chips
- Graham crackers
- Crunchy chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Toffee bits
What’s The Best Candy To Use?
You can use pretty much any of your favorite candies! Some of my favorites are Kit Kats, Milky Way, Snickers, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Heath Bars, Rolos, Almond Joys, any type of Hershey bars, M&M chocolate candies, candy corn, and Reese’s pieces.
You can also use fruity flavored candy such as gummy worms, gummy bears, Skittles, Nerds, Starburst, and Twizzlers.
Leftovers & Storage
Store leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks. You can also freeze the bark for up to 6 months.
Other Halloween Treats
- Mummy Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Monster Cookies
- Mummy Dogs
- Halloween Candy Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Halloween Ghost Brownies
- Frankenstein Cupcakes
- Witch Hat Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Rice Krispies
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Halloween Bark Recipe
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup candy roughly chopped
- sprinkles optional
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in increments of 30 seconds. Stir in-between each interval until the chocolate is smooth and melted. In the meantime, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Pour melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out with spatula to form a rectangular shape, about 12×9 inches.
- Top with candy pieces and sprinkles on top.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and let set for at least an hour.
- Cut the bark into random pieces with a shark knife or your hands. Store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks. You can also freeze the bark for up to 6 months.