Last Updated on September 30, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
This easy, no-churn Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream makes the best dessert if you love Pumpkin Pie and Ice cream. Flavors of pumpkin pie with a creamy texture are paired with crumbled cinnamon pie crusts pieces swirled in the ice cream for a fall-friendly ice cream recipe!
If you love pumpkin pie, try my Pumpkin Bars that are made with a shortbread crust!
EASY PUMPKIN PIE ICE CREAM
Homemade old-fashioned Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream is a festive and great way to get into the mood for Fall season. Anyone who loves Fall would agree that pumpkin pie-inspired recipes are wonderful compliments to those looking to satisfy a sweet tooth.
I consent to receiving emails and personalized ads.
No-churn ice cream recipes are so fun to make because you can easily customize them to fit your cravings. One of my very favorite things about this ice cream recipe is the fact that there are sweet-cinnamon, buttery pie crust crumbles mixed throughout it to give it a little crunchy flavor.
If you’re looking to try your hand at making ice cream without a machine, then you will really love this recipe because it is so straightforward and simple!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It has pumpkin pie flavors in each bite.
- You don’t need an ice cream maker, ice cream machine, or any fancy ingredients.
- The whole family will love this delicious dessert.
- Each bite is loaded with pumpkin goodness and pieces of pie crust- YUM!
- It will remind you of a slice of your favorite pumpkin pie!
Pie Crust: To keep things simple, I like to use a pre-made pie crust from the grocery store. Of course, you can make your favorite pie crust recipe to use for this ice cream.
Butter: Either salted or unsalted butter will be fine for this work. The silkiness of the butter gives this ice cream extra creaminess.
Sugar: Just a little bit of granulated sugar is needed for this no-churn ice cream.
Spices: Pumpkin pie spice (ground cinnamon, ground cloves, all spice, and ginger) are used to give this pumpkin recipe extra flavors of fall.
Heavy Whipping Cream: The main ingredient responsible for allowing this ice cream to be as smooth as could be!
Evaporated Milk: Evaporated milk gives this ice cream extra sweetness and rich creamy flavors that are delicious and definitely worth it.
Pumpkin Puree: Canned or fresh pumpkin purée is another star of this ice cream recipe. If you have some leftover pumpkin, now is the time to use it up! Make sure you don’t use pumpkin pie filling, there is a huge different.
Vanilla: For extra rich flavors, I like to use pure vanilla extract. You can find pure extract online or in the baking sections at well-stocked grocery stores.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PUMPKIN ICE CREAM RECIPE
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the pie crust on top. Brush melted butter on top of the crust and sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake the crust for fifteen to seventeen minutes until light golden brown. Be careful not to let it burn. Set the crust aside once it has finished cooking. Crumble the crust into a bowl.
STEP TWO: In a medium mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream with a stand or electric mixer for three to four minutes until the cream is light and fluffy–you will have stiff peaks.
STEP THREE: In a large bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, pumpkin purée, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice until thickened. You could also use a hand mixer. The mixture should be able to coat the back of a spoon. Very gently, fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin mix.
Be careful not to over-mix the whipped cream.
STEP FOUR: Next, crumble up the pie crust into both small and large pieces with your hands. Fold the crust into the ice cream mixture and reserve at least ¼ of the mixture for the top of the ice cream.
STEP FIVE: Transfer ice cream in a loaf pan or freezer-safe container and sprinkle the pie pieces on top. Cover the ice cream with plastic wrap and freeze the ice cream in the freezer for at least five hours until firm.!
EASY PUMPKIN ICE CREAM VARIATIONS
- For a vegan pumpkin ice cream, use vegan butter, full-fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream, and a can of condensed coconut milk in place of the evaporated milk.
- Instead of pie crust crumbles, mix in your favorite ginger cookies, snickerdoodle crumbs or graham cracker crust pieces, or crushed graham crackers.
- Top this ice cream with your favorite sauces. You can also top this ice cream with fluffy whipped cream!
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- Be careful not to overmix the ice cream base with the whipped cream or the cream will lose its fluffiness.
- Allow the pie crust to cool down before trying to crumble into pieces. It will be very hot.
- If the ice cream is not solid after five hours, try to freeze it overnight.
- Freeze the ice cream in individual serving cups for special occasions.
- For extra flavor, add chopped pecans or chocolate chips.
What is pumpkin ice cream made of?
Pumpkin ice cream is made up of some basic ice cream ingredients such as pure pumpkin, heavy whipping cream, sugar, warm spices, and vanilla. This recipe is extra special because it is mixed with cinnamon pie crust pieces that adds yummy texture and flavor!
How do you make homemade ice cream creamy and not icy?
Be sure to use heavy whipping cream to make sure the ice cream is super creamy, just how ice cream should be
Heavy whipping cream allows the ice cream to be soft and easy to scoop into.
What goes well with pumpkin ice cream?
I like to serve this pumpkin ice cream on top of warm pie, add a scoop between two snickerdoodle cookies for the ultimate Fall ice cream sandwich or enjoy just as with some crushed cookies on top.
What does no-churn ice cream mean?
If an ice cream recipe is labeled as “no-churn”, then that simply means the ice cream is made without a machine and in a pan or container instead!
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks for the freshest flavors. If you can manage to wait that long!
Before serving, be sure to allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for five to ten minutes to allow it to soften. Another easy way to serve ice cream is to place a spoon under running water for a few minutes before dipping it into the frozen ice cream.
Other Pumpkin Recipes To Try
- Easy Pumpkin Fall Recipes
- Caramel Apple Cider
- The Best Pumpkin Spice Granola (Crunchy)
- Turkey Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Crisp
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream (No-Churn)
For the crust
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 ounces can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree *NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
To make the pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place pie crust on top. Brush melted butter on the pie crust and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
To make ice cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the heavy whipping cream with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Peaks will form and it will turn into whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Gently fold in the whipped cream until combined.
- Break up the pie crust into both small and large pieces with your hands. Fold the pie crust bits into the ice cream batter, reserve 1/4- 1/2 cup for the topping.
- Place the ice cream in a loaf pan or freezer safe container and sprinkle the remainder pie pieces on top. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 5 hours or until firm. Enjoy!