As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This is the best pumpkin spice granola that you can make this Fall! It is healthy, gluten-free, vegan and makes breakfast and snacking so much better!
This Pumpkin Spice Granola is perfect for Fall and makes a great healthy snack. This recipe is filled with flavors of fall and is also wonderful because it has pumpkin in it! Pumpkin makes fall extra special and I try to incorporate pumpkin into everything that I can!
This recipe requires 4 simple steps and is so much better than store bought granola. There are also a lot more benefits of homemade granola as well so save your money and make this recipe instead! You will be so happy you did.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE BEST PUMPKIN SPICE GRANOLA
Pumpkin pie spice
Raw and shelled sunflower seeds
Salted butter (or coconut oil)
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE GRANOLA LAST?
I stored my granola until we ate it all for about a month and it was still fresh and delicious! You can store granola in an airtight container or jar for up to 3 months, as long as it is stored in a cool, dry area. You can freeze the granola and it can last up to a year. If you do freeze the granola, make sure it is in a zip-lock bag with most air removed or an airtight container.
CAN I LEAVE OUT THE PECANS OR ADD OTHER NUTS INSTEAD?
Yes of course! You can definitely leave out the pecans and sunflower seeds if you want. I just love the extra crunch and nutrients they bring to this recipe! If you are thinking about adding other nuts, some other great options are almonds, cashews, peanuts, hazelnuts, or basically any other nut(s) you love!
This 10 ingredient pumpkin spice granola is infused with a buttery pumpkin puree mixture and baked until the granola is slightly crunchy, because who really likes chewy granola? The granola can be enjoyed as cereal, in a yogurt parfait, or simply as is!
This granola is both sweet and salty and is packed with protein, fiber and nutrients from the pumpkin puree. You may want to consider making a double batch of this stuff if you are like me and love all things oats, pumpkin and granola because it is too good.
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY FALL RECIPES?
- Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Energy Bites
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
The Best Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup raw and shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup salted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix the oats, pecans, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the butter, maple syrup, honey, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and whisk for 3-4 minutes until ingredients are combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto two baking sheets (or bake in two batches) and bake for 20-25 minutes. Flip with a spatula after the first ten minutes of baking. If you prefer chunkier granola, don’t stir as it breaks up the clusters. Instead, just rotate the pans at the halfway point to ensure even cooking.
- Once the granola is golden brown, remove from oven and let cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools.
- Transfer to an airtight container in a cool area and it will keep fresh for a couple months. Enjoy as cereal, on top of yogurt, or just as a snack!
- You can make this granola gluten-free by using gluten-free oats.