Last Updated on April 13, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins are naturally sweetened and have a hint of pumpkin! They are gluten-free and make a perfect on-the-go breakfast!
When I first made these Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins I ate them for a week straight for breakfast. I really did not anticipate not adding any sugar at all but fortunately these are perfect just how they. They are sweetened with my favorite natural sweetener- honey!
I have been on an oat flour kick lately and it makes a great healthy alternative to regular white or wheat flour. I made these Skinny Chocolate Banana Muffins a few weeks ago with oat flour and they made them so fluffy it inspired me to make these!
Pumpkin is officially in season and I love it. I love all things pumpkin especially when they have health benefits. Some of my other favorite pumpkin treats that are healthy are Pumpkin Pie Bars, Baked Pumpkin Spice Apple Oatmeal, and Pumpkin Maple Cashew Granola.
These Pumpkin Oat Muffins require very little time and they are so good you don’t even need a frosting involved. Baking these before the week is always ideal and a great idea so you can be sure you will have breakfast or dessert!
Benefits of Pumpkin puree:
- High antioxidant content
- Nutrient dense and low in calories
- Rich in potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Fiber
- Boosts the immunity system
When to eat these:
- For breakfast
- Dessert (if you are wanting an extra sweet kick to these, make a quick cream cheese frosting by mixing 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2-1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix until smooth and spread onto your muffin like a cupcake)
- A snack for any time of the day
I love this muffin recipes because they are naturally sweet, fluffy and have the perfect amount of pumpkin and cinnamon flavor. If you love your muffins really sweet I would recommend adding 1/2 cup of brown sugar. I personally really love how mildly sweet they are from the honey- they are so simple yet so delicious!
I bet you can’t just have one of these! And that is totally 100% OK because these are healthy have tons of nutrients in these muffins! Make a double batch of these and freeze them. When you want a sweet and healthy treat just warm them up for a few minutes in the oven.
Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup walnuts; chopped for the muffins tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowel mix together the dry ingredients (oat flour, oats, cinnamon, cinnamon, baking soda baking powder).
- In a separate bowel lightly mix the wet ingredients (egg, honey, almond milk and vanilla).
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients and fold with a spatula. Do not over mix!
- Fold in the pumpkin puree until everything is combined.
- Generously grease a muffin pan and fill each cup about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and bake for 18-20 minutes until the muffins are slightly golden brown. Let cool and enjoy with a drizzle of honey or pat of butter!