Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Cilantro Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps are so easy to whip up! They have a ton of fresh flavor and they make a quick lunch or dinner for any busy day!
I love shrimp…and basically any other shellfish and seafood there is but I especially love shrimp. Shrimp is so incredibly easy to make because it only takes a few minute to cook. These Shrimp Lettuce Wraps burst with flavors of lime, garlic and cilantro. I also added guacamole and salsa to my lettuce wraps for even more flavor!
This is a great low-carb lunch or dinner option that is extremely light but filling. The protein from the shrimp will satisfy you until your next meal and these wraps are so refreshing, easy, and have a healthy twist!
If you love spice, add sriracha sauce to your discretion while the shrimp is cooking. My favorite part about this recipe is how little time these shrimp take to prepare and cook. Even though our summer days are ending and fall season is just weeks around the corner, these are always great any time of the year! These shrimp wraps are so tasty they don’t need any type of sauce or dressing. Simplicity at it’s finest!
This is my quick take on a super quick homemade guacamole that I put together for a topping. I mashed up two medium avocados and added the juice of a half of a lime, a sprinkle of salt, pepper and chopped yellow onions. I mashed it all until creamy and done!
What are other toppings I can put on my wraps?
You can totally add any of your favorite toppings to your wraps, get creative! 🙂
What is the best lettuce to use?
Iceberg, Butter Lettuce, Romaine and Green Leaf will all work for lettuce wraps. If you prefer a crunchier and firmer lettuce wrap I would recommend using either Iceberg or Romaine leaves. If would rather have a softer lettuce Butter Lettuce or Green Leaf will be perfect for you!
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES TO TRY
- Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- Shrimp Ceviche
- Shrimp and Sesame Soba Noodle Salad
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb. raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice; about 2 limes
- 2 cloves fresh garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce about 16 leaves
- guacamole optional for topping
- salsa optional for topping
- In a medium bowl, add the shrimp, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper and cilantro. Stir until all ingredients are combined. Marinate the shrimp in the mixture for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once the shrimp is marinated, add to a frying pan on medium heat. The shrimp will only take a few minutes to cook (less than 5). Once the shrimp turn pink and are firm, remove from heat.
- Add the shrimp to the lettuce wraps, I like to use 2 lettuce leaves per wrap. Top with a scoop of guacamole and salsa if you want to add even more flavor.