Skinny Chocolate Banana Muffins
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are gluten-free and have the same great flavor and texture as a regular chocolate muffins!
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
Want chocolate and a muffin and not feel guilty? These Skinny Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are made with oat flour, bananas, chocolate chips and walnuts for crunch. Make these for breakfast, dessert or a snack all year round.
I didn’t think there was such a thing as a healthy muffin, especially a chocolate muffin! These Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are made with only a few ingredients and are so delicious. They are also gluten-free that happened accidentally because I ran out of flour and had oat flour, which is a new favorite of mine!
These take no time to whip up and you just need a mixing bowl, whisk and spoon. That is all, no need for an electric mixer! That is a win for me.
These muffins are extra delicious when served warm, like right out of the oven. The chocolate chips through out get slightly melted and will melt in your mouth.
Breakfast never tasted so good with these muffins!
Can I omit the cocoa powder?
No I wouldn’t because the chocolate makes these extra rich and delicious! Chocolate and bananas make such a great combo!
What if I don’t have any bananas?
If you don’t have bananas or don’t like bananas you can use applesauce instead! I would use 3/4 cup.
These skinny chocolate banana muffins make a great breakfast, snack or (healthy) sweet treat. If you have kiddos, these will put a smile on any kid for an after school snack, because chocolate and they are so yummy! If you love pumpkin and want to make another healthy muffin recipe, check out my Pumpkin Muffin recipe!
MORE RECIPES TO MAKE WITH BANANAS:
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
- Greek Yogurt Banana Muffins
- Best Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Banana Bread Bars
- Healthy Banana Nut Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Skinny Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 2 medium bananas about 1 cup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 cup oil; I used canola you could also use coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips; bittersweet or semisweet plus a little extra to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until there are only a few lumps. Add the vanilla and egg and whisk it together in the mixture is completely combined. Whisk in the oil and milk until combined and then add the sugars and honey.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the baking powder, flour, cocoa powder, salt, mini chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined and it will look like a cake-like batter.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper-lined muffin liners and fill each one about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips and walnuts (optional).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, rotating once until the muffin tops look set. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm or at room-temperature for breakfast or a sweet snack!