Last Updated on
Want chocolate and a muffin and not feel guilty? Here you go! These Skinny Chocolate Muffins are gluten-free and have the same great flavor and texture as a regular chocolate muffin!
I didn’t think there was such a thing as a healthy muffin, especially a chocolate muffin! These skinny chocolate banana muffins are made with only a few ingredients and are so delicious. They are also gluten-free that happened accidentally because I ran out of flour and had oat flour, which is a new favorite of mine!
These take no time to whip up and you just need a mixing bowl, whisk and spoon. That is all, no need for an electric mixer! That is a win for me.
These muffins are extra delicious when served warm, like right out of the oven. The chocolate chips through out get slightly melted and will melt in your mouth.
Breakfast never tasted so good with these muffins!
Can I omit the cocoa powder?
No I wouldn’t because the chocolate makes these extra rich and delicious! Chocolate and bananas make such a great combo!
What if I don’t have any bananas?
If you don’t have bananas or don’t like bananas you can use applesauce instead! I would use 3/4 cup.
These skinny chocolate banana muffins make a great breakfast, snack or (healthy) sweet treat. If you have kiddos, these will put a smile on any kid for an after school snack, because chocolate and they are so yummy! If you love pumpkin and want to make another healthy muffin recipe, check out my Pumpkin Muffin recipe!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Skinny Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 2 medium bananas about 1 cup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 cup oil; I used canola you could also use coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips; bittersweet or semisweet plus a little extra to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until there are only a few lumps. Add the vanilla and egg and whisk it together in the mixture is completely combined. Whisk in the oil and milk until combined and then add the sugars and honey.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, stir in the baking powder, flour, cocoa powder, salt, mini chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined and it will look like a cake-like batter.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper-lined muffin liners and fill each one about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with more mini chocolate chips and walnuts (optional).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, rotating once until the muffin tops look set. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm or at room-temperature for breakfast or a sweet snack!