Fall is perfect for indulging in pumpkin everything! Pumpkin spice and everything nice is what this recipe is made of. This Fall season has me craving and wanting to try everything pumpkin…from my coffee to my breakfast..and everything sweet in-between. Pumpkin has quite a few perks as well such as its potassium and vitamin K content. It is also heart healthy, an immune booster and is full of fiber–so there is a reason to indulge! This pumpkin french toast is sweet with a hint of spice and makes a great Fall breakfast. It is easy to make and it will make your kitchen smell delicious as well, enjoy!
Pumpkin French Toast
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread or white bread
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Melt 1 Tbsp of butter on frying pan over medium heat.
- In the meantime, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice together in bowl. Soak one slice of bread at a time in the pumpkin egg mixture, then place in the prepared buttered frying pan. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread. Make sure to keep buttering the frying pan (this will make it get golden brown).
- Cook the bread on each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Top with butter, maple syrup or whipped cream. Enjoy!