Last Updated on October 13, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
These healthy pumpkin pie bars are creamy, dreamy and delicious. They tastes just like pumpkin pie but have so many more nutritional benefits! You will want to make these year-round.
It’s pumpkin pieeeee timeeee! FINALLY. Pumpkin pie happens to be my favorite pie of all time. Although I only eat it a few times a year…every time I have a slice I always think to myself why I don’t eat it more and then I realized because well, its PIE.
I made these because…..
1. My Dad gave me a HUGE bag of walnuts and I had no idea what to do with them
2. I love pumpkin pie
These bars are made with a walnut-date base crust and the filling tastes just like pie with spicy pumpkin and I used whole grains and nutrient dense, Kodiak Cakes flour that made it extra fluffy.
These bars make a great dessert to bring to any holiday gathering! I just made another batch of this recipe this week and I keep them in my fridge and pack a few to bring to work for either breakfast or a snack!
THESE HEALTHY PUMPKIN PIE BARS ARE:
- Tastes like pie
- Rich in potassium and fiber
- Packed with antioxidants
- Naturally sweetened
- Makes the perfectly sweet treat!
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY PUMPKIN TREATS? CHECK THESE OUT!
- Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Apple Oatmeal
- Healthy Pumpkin Energy Bites
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- For the crust:
- 10 dates; soaked in hot water for 30 minutes and pits removed
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- For the pumpkin pie filling:
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil; melted
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. white sugar optional
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes flapjack & waffle mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For the crust, combine all of the ingredients in food processor. Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and press mixture into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile the crust is cooking, make your pumpkin filling! Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour over the crust layer and put back in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool until pumpkin is set. I like to put my bars in the fridge to cool completely and then cut into squares.
- *Top with whipped cream or a simple icing, or enjoy as is!