Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
This low-carb and keto-friendly Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Bake is made with the same fixings as a loaded baked potato! Easy, cheesy and delicious!
This Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Bake is one of our new favorite side dishes to make! The first time I made this I knew I would be hooked. I can’t believe how much these actually taste like the real deal- twice baked potatoes. Making this once a week still isn’t enough in our home!
Did I mention this takes less than 30 minutes to make? It can get even easier if you cook the cauliflower and bacon the day before!
If you love twice-baked potatoes with all the fixings, you will love this. You will love this more because this dish is low in carbs and keto friendly.
This cauliflower bake is incredibly creamy, cheesy and and has all of your favorite flavors you get in luscious twice-baked potatoes or a loaded baked potato. You can enjoy this hearty side dish even on a busy weeknight since it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
My favorite additions to add to my baked potato is sour cream, cheese, bacon, and chives. I omitted the butter because this bake is so creamy already it wasn’t necessary. It’s hard to believe this is healthy and delicious at the same time.
QUICK TIPS FOR THIS DELICIOUS SIDE DISH
- If you want your cauliflower bake to be extra fluffy, be sure the steamed cauliflower is pureed in a food processor with minimal lumps. The smoother the cauliflower puree, the fluffier!
- You can prep the cauliflower the day before to save a few minutes! Time is always of the essence so I love taking advantage of any time-saving tips!
- The best and quickest way to cook the bacon is to bake it in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Place the uncooked bacon in a single layer diagonally on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon. We like ours extra crispy!
- You can swap out the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt. They are very similar in texture and flavor
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS LOADED CHEESY CAULIFLOWER BAKE
- Milk or whipping cream: this makes the potatoes extra creamy
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt + pepper
LOOKING FOR OTHER SIDE DISH RECIPES? TRY THESE RECIPES!
- Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Herb-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
Loaded Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
- 8 x 8 baking dish
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream (you can also use plain Greek yogurt)
- 3-4 slices cooked bacon; plus a little extra for the topping crumbled or chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives; plus a little extra to garnish finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese; plus a little extra for the topping
- 1/2 tsp. fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam for 7-8 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower in a colander and add to a food processor (if you do not have a food processor you can use a potato masher). Add the milk or heavy whipping cream to the food processor and puree for 2-3 minutes until smooth, it is ok if there are a few lumps in the cauliflower puree. The less lumps, the fluffier this bake will be.
- Add the pureed cauliflower to a large bowl and mix in the sour cream, crumbled bacon, chives, shredded cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined
- Add the cauliflower mixture to a 8 x 8 inch casserole or baking dish. Optional, top with extra shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with chives and enjoy!
Leave a Reply