Last Updated on
What’s better than avo-toast for breakfast? Smoked Salmon and Avocado breakfast pizza for breakfast! That’s right. This month on the Recipe Redux we are creating a healthy take (of course) on, protein-packed savory breakfast inspired dishes! This would be a great addition to your weekend breakfast or brunch. I loooooove the cold-smoked salmon from Whole Foods and I love having any excuse to go there to pick it up. This recipe is a perfect excuse.
I love how grocery stores such as Whole Food’s and Trader Joe’s have fresh pizza dough available. I love to roll my pizza dough out on my own so I can determine how thick or think I want my crust. If this isn’t your thing then I would just stick to the store bought pre-cooked crust and it will work just fine!
Smoked Salmon & Avocado Breakfast Pizza
- 4 Tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 store bough pizza crust
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese; shredded
- 1/4 pound of smoked salmon
- 1/2 an avocado sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives and crushed garlic. Mix well until combined.
- Drizzle the olive oil onto the pizza base and spread with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted through.
- Remove from oven; top with the salmon slices and avocado slices. Sprinkle with black pepper, slice and serve!
I was too impatient to wait until breakfast to eat this the first time around..(at least I’m being honest!) So we had this for dinner instead..I made this a second time for breakfast and it hit the spot. You can add extra protein to this by frying a couple eggs and adding them to top this off! Y U M.