As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Baked Italian Sliders are made with soft rolls, then layered with Italian deli meats, provolone cheese, banana peppers, roasted peppers and topped with seasoned melted butter. These are quick and easy to make and perfect for on-the-go lunches, appetizers, parties, and just about any gathering!
If you love sliders, by sure to try my Big Mac Sliders!
If you know me, you know I love sandwiches. Especially when they involve Italian lunch meats like this Italian Sliders recipe. These sliders take less than 10 minutes to assemble and are quick to bake.
We use Hawaiian bread rolls which make the best bread for these types of sandwiches, then we pile on ham, salami, mortadella, melty cheese, sliced banana peppers and roasted red bell peppers, then brush the top of the bread with Italian seasoned garlic butter. YUM!
Make these easy Italian sliders for a quick lunch or dinner, game day snack, appetizer, and they are perfect for parties! You can easily customize these Italian sliders by adding your favorite deli meats and cheeses. These will be a huge hit wherever you take them, guaranteed.
- Hawaiian sweet rolls: King’s Hawaiian rolls are always my go-to for sliders since they are so soft, fluffy, and easy to cut in to.
- Provolone cheese: Mozzarella cheese also makes a great option.
- Italian meats: Deli ham, salami, and mortadella is what we used and can be found at most grocery stores, especially at the deli counter.
- Banana peppers and roasted bell red peppers: Adds so much flavor to each bite. You can add as little or as much as you want.
- Mayo and Dijon mustard: You just need enough to cover the top and bottom layer of the rolls.
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted butter.
- Italian seasoning and garlic powder: Adds Italian flavor to the butter that gets brushed on top of the sliders.
How To Make Italian Sliders
Slice rolls in half: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9 inch or 9×13 inch baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment paper. Slice the Hawaiian bread rolls in half lengthwise. It’s best to use a serrated knife or very sharp knife.
Assemble toppings: Spread 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise on the bottom half of the buns or rolls, then layer the top with slices of folded ham, salami, and mortadella. Add the bell peppers, banana peppers, and sliced provolone cheese. Spread Dijon mustard on the top half of the rolls, then place on top.
Spread butter mixture on top: In a small microwavable safe bowl melt butter, then add Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir until combined then with a pastry brush, brush the butter mixture on top of the bread rolls.
Bake: Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes so the tops can get golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes then slice into 12 sandwiches with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Italian Slider Recipe
- Easy to make: You can make these Italian sandwich sliders in less than 30 minutes and they require minimal effort. All you do is layer and bake!
- Perfect for any occasion: If you’re looking for the perfect party food, potluck appetizer, football Sunday snack, easy meal for lunch or dinner, or quick grab-and-go hot Italian sub sliders, these are what you need.
- Easy dinner idea: Since these sliders are hot and have plenty of meat, they are extra hearty, and make a satisfying meal for dinner.
- Customizable: You can customize these slider sandwiches any way you want so even your picky eaters will love them. See a list below for different variations, add-ins, and ingredient swaps.
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Make sure to use a sharp knife when cutting the sliders since the lunch meats can be difficult to cut through.
- Types of meat: Some other great Italian deli meats to use are prosciutto, pepperoni, any type of salami, capocollo, and copa.
- Types of cheese: Cheese slices work best since these are sliders. Some of our favorites besides provolone are mozzarella, Swiss, cheddar, jack, and Colby. Grated parmesan cheese is a great addition when sprinkled on top of the butter mixture or deli meats.
- Dip individual sliders into marinara sauce and serve on the side.
- Double the cheese: Add a layer of cheese to the bottom and top layer of the sliders if you want these to be extra cheesy.
- Serve warm: It’s best when these hot Italian sliders are served right out of the oven while the cheese is melted and the meats are warmed.
You can add in any of your favorite flavors to create the ultimate sandwich. Some ideas are:
- Sliced red onions
- Red chili flakes
- Sliced tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes
- Italian dressing
- Fresh basil
What to Serve with Italian Sliders?
Leftovers & Storage
To-store: Place leftover sliders in an airtight container or cover dish with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Be sure to warm in the oven or microwave to reheat.
To-freeze: Cover unbaked sliders tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Place in the freezer for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter for a few hours. Brush butter mixture on top of rolls before baking.
Make-ahead: Assemble the sliders and place in baking dish covered with plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Brush butter mixture on top of the rolls righ before baking.
Other Easy Italian Recipes
- Italian Pin Wheels
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad
- Easy Pesto Tortellini Salad
- Roasted Bell Peppers
- Quick Garlic Knots
- Stuffed Pasta Shells
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
- 1 package Hawaiian bread rolls cut in half
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices salami
- 12 slices mortadella
- 6 slices provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted bell peppers sliced
- 3-4 banana peppers sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9 inch or 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Slice the Hawaiian bread rolls in half lengthwise.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise on the bottom half of the rolls, then layer the top with slices of folded ham, salami, and mortadella. Add the bell peppers, banana peppers, and sliced provolone cheese. Spread Dijon mustard on the top half of the rolls, then place on top.
- In a small microwavable safe bowl melt butter, then add Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Stir until combined then brush the butter mixture on top of the bread rolls.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 15 minutes or just until the cheese is melted. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes so the tops can get golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes then slice into 12 sandwiches with a sharp knife. Enjoy!