Last Updated on March 18, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
This low-carb Crustless Vegetable Quiche is the perfect way to enjoy fresh veggies in the most delicious way! Perfect for either breakfast or brunch!
This Crustless Vegetable Quiche is made with only a few simple ingredients and makes any breakfast or brunch so much better! Although I do love my quiches and pies with crust, this is so good you won’t even miss it- trust me.
Not only is this quiche low-carb, it is also packed with tons of flavor from the sauteed vegetables and the herbs that gets baked together.
This Crustless Vegetable Quiche is a great way to use up any veggies that you have in your fridge. I feel like we always buy too many veggies when we grocery shop so this is a great way to use them up without wasting!
HOW TO MAKE THESE INTO MINI VEGGIE QUICHES
If you want to make these into mini Crustless Vegetable Quiches the directions are the same as the regular quiche. Simply grease a muffin pan and scoop the quiche mixture onto each muffin pan fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. This should make 18-24 mini quiches. Bake at 375 degrees F for 18-20 minutes and let cool before removing from the cupcake pans.
Remember, there is no such thing as too much cheese! Speaking of cheese.. see below for other cheese options to use.
CAN I USE OTHER CHEESES BESIDES MOZZARELLA?
Yes! 100%! Other cheese options you can use or combine with Mozzarella are Cheddar, Jack, Colby, Swiss and basically any other favorite shredded cheese you love!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS CRUSTLESS VEGETABLE QUICHE
- Olive oil
- Yellow onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Dried basil
- Granulated garlic
- Salt + pepper
- Mozzarella cheese
If you love breakfast but don’t have time to make it in the morning, your problem is solved. You’re welcome. Make this and keep it in the fridge all week long, just simply slice and heat in the microwave for an instant delicious and quick breakfast. Or eat it cold and straight out of the fridge like my husband.
OTHER QUICHE FILLING OPTIONS AND ALTERNATIVES
- Protein/Meat– If you want to add more protein cubed ham, ground beef, ground turkey or crumbled sausage would be amazing in this
- Cheeses– any shredded cheese would work perfectly in this recipe!
- Vegetables– other vegetable options that would work for this recipe are bell peppers, carrots, squash, broccoli, and potatoes (make sure these are cooked first because they will need a longer cooking time).
THIS CRUSTLESS VEGETABLE QUICHE IS
- Perfect for any breakfast or brunch dish!
- Healthy, nutrient-dense and packed with protein!
- Gluten-free and the quiche mixture is so versatile so you can use your favorite ingredients in this hearty dish!
The cheese in this plays a huge factor because who doesn’t love a cheesy quiche? The cheese is melted into the quiche when it gets baked and then the top of the quiche has melted cheese that is irresistible if you ask me. Just look how cheesy it is….
LOOKING FOR OTHER DELICIOUS BREAKFAST + BRUNCH IDEAS?
- Chessy Egg & Bacon Breakfast Sliders
- Italian Sausage & Spinach Egg Bites
- Healthy Cinnamon Roll Scones
- Smoked Salmon & Avocado Breakfast Pizza
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- 2 Tbsp. butter; salted
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3 large zucchini
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk (this makes the eggs extra fluffy)
- 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet or frying pan on medium-high heat add the butter and olive oil. Once melted together, add the onions, zucchini, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes. Saute until the veggies have softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the spinach and saute for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled for a few minutes, stir in the basil, oregano, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, milk (this makes the eggs extra fluffy), and the beaten eggs.
- Grease a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick spray and transfer the mixture to the pan. Top the quiche with a the remainder of the extra cheese for extra cheesy goodness. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to brown the top.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes so the quiche can set before cutting into slices, then enjoy!