As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These are The Best Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts because of so many reasons! They are perfectly sweet, moist, fluffy and filled with flavors of pumpkin spice!
These delicious and easy baked donuts that are topped with a Cinnamon Vanilla glaze and are so incredibly easy to make. Not only are they easy to make, they are also BAKED. Yep, that’s right. I personally think baked donuts come out better then traditional donuts because they are more caky and moist. This is why they are The Best Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts.
I loved using my new donut baking pan I got as a gift from my bridal shower earlier this year and the first thing I wanted to make was pumpkin spice donuts! I never thought baked donuts would taste as good as they do but they are even better and so moist! They truly are the best.
Who knew you could make homemade donuts in less than an hour? This easy step-by-step recipe is almost too easy. Every bite of these donuts are filled with the flavors of Fall and make a perfect morning treat! Especially on cool, crispy Fall mornings.
The dough consistency is a cake and cookie dough batter combined. It isn’t as thick as cookie dough, but slightly thicker than cake batter. It is OK to have a few lumps in the dough- just be sure not to over mix otherwise your donuts won’t be as fluffy.
The ziplock bag helps the donut batter form into the donut pan. The baking soda and baking powder in this recipe makes these donuts extra fluffy and perfect.
I topped half of these pumpkin donuts with chopped pecans and the other half I left simply frosted. You can even leave the donuts unfrosted if you prefer!
THESE BAKED PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS ARE
- Deliciously moist with a hint of pumpkin and spice
- Baked, not fried so you can enjoy them without any guilt
- Perfect for breakfast, brunch or on-the-go for busy mornings
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE BEST BAKED PUMPKIN SPICE DONUTS
All purpose flour
Pumpkin pie spice
Vegetable or canola oil
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THE VANILLA CINNAMON GLAZE
LOOKING FOR OTHER PUMPKIN RECIPES?
- Healthy Pumpkin Oat Muffins
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Spice Pancake Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
The Best Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans optional
For the Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. melted butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon, do NOT overmix. The donut dough should just be barley combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a plastic bag, cut the tip and pipe the batter into the greased donut pan, filing 3/4 full. The donuts will get fluffy and rise after they bake.
- Bake the donuts for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown, you can insert a toothpick in the center it should come out clean. Repeat with remaining donut batter.
To make the Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze
- Combined all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until there are no lumps in the glaze. The glaze should be smooth and glossy.
- Once the donuts are baked and cooled, dip to tops of the donuts in the glaze one donut at a time, coating well. Place the glazed donuts on a cooling rack and top with chopped nuts if desired or leave as is. Allow the glaze to set and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.