As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These festive M&M Brownies are the perfect treat to celebrate the 4th of July! Made with boxed brownie mix, then topped with mini M&M’s. Everyone will love this chocolatey treat!
These M&M Fudge Brownies are the easiest to make and so perfect for the 4th of July! You can really make these M&M Brownies all year round just by switching out the colors of the M&Ms.
You can’t go wrong with brownies for dessert! Everyone loves them and they are incredibly satisfying whether you make Homemade Brownies or use a box mix.
I used boxed brownie mix to make these 4th of July Brownies because it’s just too easy and requires little effort. Topped with colorful and festive M&Ms that add more fun, chocolatey goodness, and a slight crunch.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE M&M BROWNIES
Super easy: since these brownies are made from a brownie mix, you don’t need to do a lot of work. Simply follow the box directions and add M&Ms on top. (Be sure to read my recipe notes)
Makes the best dessert: enjoy these brownies just as they are or make them into Brownie Sundaes by adding a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Made with box mix: you can use any favorite brownie mix. We love milk chocolate, fudge, or double chocolate mix the most but any will work perfectly.
Easy cleanup: you only need one bowl to make these brownies and I line the baking dish with parchment paper so all you have to do is lift the brownies out once cooled.
Cut the brownies out with a star cookie cutter to make these even more festive!
If you want to add more sweetness, drizzle the top of the brownies with white chocolate, frosting, and/or sprinkles.
Make these brownies all year round by using different M&M colors for different holidays and occasions. Use regular rainbow M&Ms for birthdays, celebrations or anytime you’re craving M&M Brownies!
Place parchment paper on the bottom of your baking dish for easy cleanup and the brownies will lift right up.
My favorite tip…use a plastic knife to cut the brownies for a clean cut. You will be amazed at how perfect the brownies will look.
Peanut Butter Brownies: add 1/4 cup of peanut butter to the batter or add in peanut butter chocolate chips. You could also swirl in the peanut butter.
Brownies with nuts: add a handful of your favorite chopped nuts to the batter or sprinkle them on top.
Salted Caramel Brownies: add caramel bits or swirl in caramel to the batter and sprinkle with sea salt.
S’mores Brownies: top the brownies with crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
Use other M&M flavors and colors to give the brownies a delicious flavor such as peanut butter, caramel, pretzel, mint, and brownie.
Add some crunch by adding a handful of chopped graham crackers, pretzels, or toffee bits to the batter or on top of brownies.
LEFTOVERS & STORAGE
To Store: Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap at room temperature for 4-5 days.
To Freeze: Place cooled brownies in an airtight container or heavy-duty ziplock bag. You can also freeze the whole pan of brownies if you prefer. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, let the brownies sit out on the counter for a few hours.
OTHER FESTIVE 4th OF JULY RECIPES
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Mixed Berry Salad
- Firecracker Cake
- Mini Cheesecake Bites with Berries
- Patriotic Cheesecake Bites
- Red, White and Blue Strawberries
OTHER BROWNIE RECIPES
- Homemade Brownies
- Heart-Shaped Brownies
- Brownie Cookies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Salted Caramel Brownie Pie
- Zucchini Brownies
CAN’T GET ENOUGH
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
4th of July M&M Brownies
- 1 18 oz. box milk chocolate brownie mix use your favorite brand
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup Red, White, and Blue mix mini M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13×9 inch pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs according to the package instructions.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and sprinkle the M&Ms on top and place the brownies back in the oven for 13-15 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the brownies cool and cut into squares, serve, and enjoy!
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap at room temperature for 4-5 days.
- To Freeze: Place cooled brownies in an airtight container or heavy-duty ziplock bag. You can also freeze the whole pan of brownies if you prefer. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, let the brownies sit out on the counter for a few hours.
- Cut the brownies out with a star cookie cutter to make these even more festive!
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of your baking dish for easy cleanup and the brownies will lift right up.
- Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies for a clean cut. You will be amazed at how perfect the brownies will look.