Last Updated on June 7, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
Berry Fruit Salad is made with fresh berries, a light and refreshing honey lime poppy seed dressing and topped with apple shaped stars. This patriotic fruit salad is perfect for the Fourth of July, a summer BBQ or breakfast!
This Berry Fruit Salad is so fun and perfect to celebrate the Fourth of July or any time you want a delicious and refreshing fruit salad! A big bowl of fresh fruit always sounds good to me and this Honey Lime Poppy Seed dressing gives this salad a sweet and zesty touch.
I love the star shaped apples (for the Fourth of July) because they make this salad extra fun and kids will enjoy them too! Some other patriotic recipes to make for the Fourth of July are these Sugar Cookie Truffles and Mini Cheesecake Bites.
This healthy berry salad is a great way to get your antioxidants with all of the mixed fresh berries. Each bite is loaded with good for you ingredients and there isn’t any added sugar, just honey!
Try this Berry Fruit Salad with Yogurt and granola in the morning! I love a bowl of berries, especially in the morning and this Berry Fruit Salad is even better because of the Honey Lime Poppy Seed dressing that is drizzled on top.
If you love fruit salads, try my Fresh Fruit Salad with kiwis, pears, grapes, apples and oranges. Topped with a Honey Poppy Seed dressing that pairs perfectly with those fruits.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE BERRY FRUIT SALAD
These are my favorite ingredients to use for this particular Berry Fruit Salad recipe but you can also add strawberries, red apples, fresh cherries, pomegranate arils, purple grapes. I love keeping the red, white and blue theme for the 4th of July but you can use any fruits that you love.
- Fresh blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- Lime juice and lime zest
- Poppy seeds
HOW TO MAKE A BERRY SALAD
ADD BERRIES TO BOWL. Place all of the berries in a large bowl and set aside.
MAKE MINI APPLE STARS. With a mini star cookie cutter, cut out as many stars as you can from the apple slices (usually about 8). Set stars aside.
THIS BERRY FRUIT SALAD IS
- perfect for the Fourth of July, breakfast, dessert, a summer BBQ or potluck.
- incredibly refreshing, light and patriotic!
- easy and quick to make. You can even prep or make this recipe the day before.
- delicious when added to a bowl of yogurt or vanilla ice cream. Adding a dollop or two if whipped cream to this salad is always a good idea!
CAN I USE FROZEN BERRIES
You can use frozen berries instead of fresh berries but the texture of the berries won’t be the same. Make sure you thaw the berries completely before making this salad so you don’t have a ton of excess water.
Fresh is always best in my opinion, but frozen will certainly work too if needed!
I love having leftover fruit salad so I highly recommend making a double batch of this because once the berries get a chance to sit and settle into the Honey Lime Poppy Seed dressing, the fruit is so sweet and delicious.
Be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container or cover a bowl with plastic wrap. Berries will stay fresh for up to 3-4 days, the berries may appear soggy any time after that.
You can prep this fruit salad and make it a day ahead if you want the dressing to marinate overnight. I highly recommend trying this or you can also prep all fo the ingredients and dressing and drizzle over the berries when ready to serve.
LOOKING FOR OTHER FRESH BERRY RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Raspberry Almond Scones
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Triple Berry French Toast
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
- Fresh Fruit Salsa
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Berry Fruit Salad
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries; washed and gently dried
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries; washed and gently dried
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries; washed and gently dried
- 1 apple (any type) sliced into 1/4 inch slices
Honey Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 lime; juiced
- zest of 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp. honey; melted
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Place all of the berries in a large bowl and set aside.
- With a mini star cookie cutter, cut out as many stars as you can from the apple slices (usually about 8). Set stars aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, melted honey and poppy seeds. Pour the dressing over the berries and gently combine. Top the salad with the mini apple stars and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I hope you love this recipe berry much! 🙂