Last Updated on November 21, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies make the best sweet treat when you want a cookie! Baked with pudding mix and a combination of milk and white chocolate chips!
What’s better than a chocolate chip cookie? A Chocolate Chip Cookie made with Pudding Mix! The pudding mix adds a delicious vanilla flavor to the cookies and it also makes them extra soft and tender.
You will be making these Pudding Cookies on repeat after trying this recipe. Soft and gooey on the inside and crunchy on the outside. These cookies have a similar taste to classic chocolate chip cookies except these are softer and have a rich vanilla aroma.
This is a great treat to add to your kids’ lunch box! It will be sure to put a smile on their face and they will be so happy you did. The pudding mix is the secret ingredient in these sweet delights. If you haven’t baked with pudding mix, you are in for a real treat.
This pudding cookie recipe is the easiest to make- you can even make these with your kiddos!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS
- You most likely already have all of the ingredients in your pantry already so you don’t need to make a special trip to the grocery store.
- They have a perfect combination of milk and white chocolate chips.
- These are even better than classic chocolate chip cookies.
THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES ARE
- Easy to make and the dough can be made ahead of time
- Perfect for just about any occasion or a lunch box treat
- Packed with chocolatey goodness
- Ultra-soft, tender, and slightly chewy.
DO I HAVE TO CHILL THE DOUGH?
You don’t have to if you are in a rush..but I highly recommend chilling most of my cookie dough recipes. Chilling the dough solidifies the butter in the dough ensuring the dough won’t spread too thin when baking.
WHY ADD PUDDING MIX TO COOKIES?
Pudding mix makes cookies extra soft, tender, and adds an incredible rich pudding flavor (depending on which pudding flavor you use). You don’t actually make the pudding…you only use the dry pudding mix. You’ll be hooked once you try cookies with pudding mix!
RECIPE TIPS & VARIATIONS
Flour: you can use either all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour. I find the whole flour will add a nutty flavor to these cookies making them extra delicious.
Add sprinkles: make these pudding cookies for a celebration by adding sprinkles to the cookie dough batter or sprinkling them on top.
Add ice cream! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to the center of one cookie and then add another cookie to make an ice cream cookie sandwich.
Scoop the cookie dough into cookie dough balls and leave them in the freezer until ready to bake. You can store the cookie dough for up to 3 months. You’ll always have cookie dough readily available when you have a cookie craving!
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES
- Oatmeal Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose OR Whole Wheat Flour
- 3.4 oz. package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Stir in the pudding mix and then the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined and starts to form a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined, do not over mix.
- Once the dough is formed, scoop dough with a mini ice-cream scoop and place in the freezer refrigerator for 1 hour or freezer for 20 minutes.
- After the dough has been chilled, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Place on a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes! Enjoy!
- You can use any type of chocolate chips that you want! Butterscotch, peanut butter, dark chocolate, or a combination of any would work out great.
This recipe was originally published on Nov. 4, 2019. It was republished on June. 5, 2022, to include additional information.