Last Updated on November 12, 2020 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies make the best sweet treat when you want a cookie! Baked with whole wheat flour so no need to feel guilty!
What’s better than a chocolate chip cookie? A Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie of course! You can finally feel good about baking these cookies because they are made with 100% whole wheat flour which adds in some nutrition. Sounds amazing, right?
This is a great treat to add to your kids’ lunch box! It will be sure to put a smile on their face and they will be so happy you did. The pudding mix is definitely the secret ingredient in these sweet delights. If you haven’t baked with pudding mix, you are in for a real treat.
These cookies are extremely easy to make, you can even make these with your kiddos. See the 6 step by step process below for proof!
One of my favorite sights, homemade chocolate chip cookie dough.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE COOKIES
Whole wheat flour
Instant pudding mix
Milk chocolate chips
White chocolate chips
You will be making these homemade cookies on repeat after you try this recipe. These cookies are perfect right out of the oven and so comforting. The type of chocolate chip cookie that you want to just keep dunking in a glass of milk, just like when you were a kid!
Another bonus to baking these cookies is you most likely already have all of the ingredients in your pantry already. Am I right?
DO I HAVE TO CHILL THE DOUGH?
You certainly don’t have to if you are in a rush, but I hightly recommend chilling most of my cookie dough recipes. Chilling the dough solidifies the butter in the dough ensuring the dough won’t spread too thin when baking.
THESE WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES ARE
- Perfectly buttery
- Slightly chewy
- Ultra soft
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY COOKIES?
CAN I USE REGULAR ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR INSTEAD OF WHOLE WHEAT?
Yes you can! Whole wheat chocolate chip cookies will taste slightly different then regular chocolate chip cookies. The whole grain flour gives the cookies a nuttier taste which goes perfectly with the other ingredients.
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3.4 oz. package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- With an electic mixer, cream butter and sugars until well combined in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla mixing to combine. Stir in the pudding mix and then the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined and starts to form a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips until combined, do not over mix.
- Once the dough is formed, scoop dough with a mini ice-cream scoop and place in the freezer refrigerator for 1 hour or freezer for 20 minutes.
- After the dough has been chilled, place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Place on a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes! Enjoy!