Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes make a delicious and fun addition to any 4th of July party or BBQ! A classic graham cracker crust is topped with red, white, and blue cheesecake layers- then topped with whipped cream and festive sprinkles. They are the perfect-sized dessert since they are made in a cupcake pan!
Other patriotic desserts to try are Sugar Cookie Truffles, Berry Fruit Salad, M&M Brownies, and Firecracker Cake!
PIN these Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes to try later!
If you’re looking for a festive and easy 4th of July dessert I’ve got you covered. If you love cheesecakes and mini treats, you will love these Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes that are filled with red, white, and blue colors.
I’m sure you know by now that I’m obsessed with Cheesecake Bites and I love making them any chance I get. I knew I had to make a batch for the 4th of July because what could be better than mini layered cheesecakes that couldn’t be easier to make!?
Serve these up for a 4th of July party, Memorial Day, or any time you want to be extra patriotic!
Everyone will love that these are made mini instead of a whole cheesecake so you don’t have to feel bad for eating one or two of these cheesecake bites. Plus, it takes less than half the time to whip these up than a regular whole cheesecake.
You can make these cheesecake bites all year round because you can easily swap out the colors and sprinkles for any occasion or holiday. Try red and green for Christmas, or rainbow colors for a birthday celebration.
Cream cheese: The base for all cheesecake recipes! Full fat is best for the most decadent texture, but feel free to swap out a reduced-fat option. The cream cheese must be at room temperature and softened in order to get the perfect creamy texture. It will also help all of the ingredients come together.
Eggs: It’s essential that the eggs are at room temperature so it incorporates into the batter. The eggs will add richness and will give the cheesecakes a custard-like texture.
Graham crackers: Honey graham crackers are my favorite to make cheesecake crusts but you can also use cinnamon or chocolate flavors.
Vanilla extract: Adds warmth and enhances the flavors. Pure vanilla extract is always best.
Food coloring gel: I just used a few drops of both red and blue but you can use as few or as many drops as you want depending on how light or dark you want your layers to be.
HOW TO MAKE PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES
THESE PATRIOTIC MINI CHEESECAKES ARE
- Fun, patriotic, and festive for the 4th of July!
- Easier and takes less time to make than a regular cheesecake- no water bath is required!
- Made with a classic cheesecake base so you still get all delicious flavors in each bite.
- Easy to customize and can be made all year round by swapping the colors and sprinkles.
RECIPE TIPS & VARIATIONS
Other toppings to add are crushed Oreos, other red, white, and blue-themed candies, fresh berries, and drizzled chocolate or you can also just leave these cheesecake bites plain.
Swap the colors and sprinkles to make these cheesecakes for any holiday or occasion. Red and green can be made for Christmas. Light pastel colors for Easter. Pink and red colors for Valentine’s Day. Rainbow colors and sprinkles for a birthday. Make these all year round!
If you do not have a food processor, crush the graham crackers by sealing them in an airtight bag and smashing them with a rolling pin or another hard object.
For vegan cheesecakes, use your dairy-free cream cheese, butter, and substitute the eggs with cornstarch and vinegar or lemon juice. For gluten-free cheesecake bites, use gluten-free graham crackers.
LEFTOVERS & STORAGE
To-Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the refrigerator. Since they are made with dairy, they don’t hold up well at room temperature for very long. Store for up to 3-4 days.
To-Freee: These are also freezer-friendly. Try to package them in airtight containers and wrap them as tightly as possible. You can also store them in a heavy-duty ziplock bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave unwrapped at room temperature and then refrigerate.
OTHER MINI CHEESECAKE RECIPES
- Classic Mini Cheesecakes
- Apple Pie Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Cheesecake Sprinkle Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bites
CAN’T GET ENOUGH
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes
For the graham cracker crust
- 6 full sheets graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the cheesecake filling
- 12 ounces cream cheese (1 1/2 blocks) softened at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs at room temperature
- red and blue food coloring gel
- whipped cream
- red and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter. Process for a few minutes until the mixture turns into a crumb-like consistency.
- Line a REGULAR cupcake or muffin baking pan with paper or silicone liners. Evenly distribute the graham cracker mixer into each hole. With a spice jar, firmly press onto the graham cracker mixture to form a crust. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together softened cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Adds eggs one at a time and then add vanilla, and continue to beat together until the cheesecake batter is smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the cheesecake batter evenly into 3 bowls. Add a few drops of red food coloring gel to one of the bowls and stir with a spoon until combined. Repeat with the blue food coloring gel.
- Layer the mini cheesecakes by spooning a tablespoon of red batter on top of the crust, followed by the white batter, and lastly the blue batter.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the middles are set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the cheesecakes cool and then remove wrappers. Place the cheesecake bites in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!
- To-Store: Store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the refrigerator. Since they are made with dairy, they don’t hold up well at room temperature for very long. Store for up to 3-4 days.
- To-Freee: These are also freezer-friendly. Try to package them in airtight containers and wrap them as tightly as possible. You can also store them in a heavy-duty ziplock bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, leave unwrapped at room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Other toppings to add are crushed Oreos, other red, white, and blue-themed candies, fresh berries, and drizzled chocolate or you can also just leave these cheesecake bites plain.
- Swap the colors and sprinkles to make these cheesecakes for any holiday or occasion. Red and green can be made for Christmas. Light pastel colors for Easter. Pink and red colors for Valentine's Day. Rainbow colors and sprinkles for a birthday. Make these all year round!
- If you do not have a food processor, crush the graham crackers by sealing them in an airtight bag and smashing them with a rolling pin or another hard object.
- For vegan cheesecakes, use your dairy-free cream cheese, butter, and substitute the eggs with cornstarch and vinegar or lemon juice. For gluten-free cheesecake bites, use gluten-free graham crackers.
Awesome!! Thanks for a fabulous recipe for the 4th of July! We love these mini cheesecakes, they are delicious! I’m super excited to make them for my annual independence Day party!
I’m so glad to here these will be an addition to your party! Enjoy 🙂
I made these Patriotic Mini Cheesecakes as a trial run for our upcoming 4th of July party and they are so perfect and festive. They’re going to be a hit at our party.
Thanks for trying my recipe!! Happy to hear that!
This Patriotic mini cheesecakes looks delicious. Perfect July 4th treat.
Thanks so much!
yumm! Super easy to make, definitely making them again for July 4th!
Glad you loved them, thanks!!
Perfect 4th of July treat. Thanks for sharing.
This red, white and blue mini cheesecakes are soooo cute! My kids would absolutely love these for 4th of July this year!
I hope you get a chance to try them!
So cute and so tasty and are going to be served over the holiday weekend!
That is awesome, I hope everyone loves them!
These patriotic mini cheesecakes are a super idea, not just for 4th July but other festive occasions too! On my to-make list!
Loved these little cheesecake bites! I did a test run for the 4th of July, and they’re so wonderfully creamy. Can’t wait to make them again!
Such cute little cheesecakes! Definitely adding these to the list of snacks and desserts I want to make for 4th of July this year!
These are so so fun! My girls absolutely loved them. Fun to make and so festive! Perfect for a party.
These are just too cute. This recipe is one that would be a great family activity with the kids. So much fun to make. A wonderful 4th of July treat! Well done!
These are so fun and tasty! The colors make it super festive and pretty for the summer holiday.
What a delicious treats for all of us for 4th of July. Saving this recipe to try it out, I am sure it is going to be so amazing!!