As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Sweet Sugar Cookie Fudge makes the perfect Christmas treat! Packed with sugar cookie flavor, a soft and creamy texture, and perfect for holiday platters or gift bags!
sugar cookie fudge
Sugar Cookie Fudge is a fun and super easy dessert to make. We use sugar cookie mix to give the fudge a rich sugar cookie flavor that everyone will love.
Christmas time is all about baking cookies, right? Instead of or in addition to baking Christmas Sugar Cookies, add this Sugar Cookie Fudge to your baking list since it’s made with only 6 simple ingredients and can be made the day ahead. The holiday season is always a busy time of year and you only need 10 minutes of prep time for this.
You don’t need any fancy equipment like a double boiler or candy thermometer to make this creamy fudge so don’t be intimidated to make homemade fudge from scratch.
The festive sprinkles make these extra fun for Christmas cookie exchanges, holiday platters, and makes a great edible gift for family, friends, neighbors, or teachers.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Sugar cookie mix: The star ingredient! This mix gives the fudge a sugar cookie flavor since it has the basic ingredients in sugar cookies. You can find premade mixes at most grocery stores in the baking aisle. I use the Betty Crocker mix.
- Sweetened condensed milk: This will make form the fudge and make it creamy.
- Almond extract: I love almond extract in sugar cookies because it adds more flavor. You can also use vanilla extract instead.
- White chocolate chips: Make sure you use white chocolate chips and not almond bark or melting chocolate for the best flavor.
- Butter: We only need a few tablespoons to help bind the fudge mixture. Unsalted butter works best.
- Sprinkles: Use your favorite colored sprinkles! I love using Christmas sprinkles during the holidays and rainbow sprinkles for birthdays or special occasions.
how to make sugar cookie fudge
Heat-treat cookie mix: You can do this in the oven or the microwave to get rid of any bacteria present in the flour.
Prepare baking pan: Line a 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Warm milk: In a medium saucepan on medium heat add condensed milk and heat just until warm.
Add remaining ingredients: Add white chocolate chips and melt, stirring often. Add butter, almond extract, and sugar cookie mix. Mix well until ingredients are combined then remove from heat.
Add to pan and add sprinkles to top: Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and add sprinkles on top of the fudge right away while the fudge mixture is warm so it sticks. Press sprinkles down gently with hand to ensure it sticks better.
Refrigerate to set, then enjoy: Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight to fully set. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
recipe tips & variations
- Make this for any holiday: Swap the Christmas sprinkles for rainbow sprinkles to make this for a birthday or celebration. Use orange and black sprinkles for Halloween or red and pink sprinkles for Valentine’s Day.
- Be sure to use a sharp knife when cutting the fudge into squares.
- Add chocolate: Add chocolate chips to the dough or drizzle the tops with melted chocolate.
- Add peppermint: Swap the almond extract for peppermint extract to give the Sugar Cookie Fudge a minty flavor. Could could even crush up candy canes and add them to the mixture. This is perfect for the holidays!
- Other add-ins: Chopped nuts, M&M’s, crushed gingerbread cookies, dried cranberries, toffee bits, mini marshmallows, broken pretzel pieces, and Oreos make great additions. Feel free to add in your favorites.
heat treating cookie mix
You always want to be sure you heat the cookie mix since it contains all-purpose flour before consuming it raw in recipes like this. Theres a small chance that raw flour can contain salmonella and other bacterias so we want to be extra careful.
To make raw flour safe to eat, place cookie mix on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes. Just be sure it doesn’t burn. Be sure to break up any clumps if any.
You can also microwave the flour which would be the quickest and easiest way. Place the cookie mix in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 20-45 seconds. Each microwave is different, so please be mindful of the temperature.
leftovers & storage
To-store: Place any leftover Sugar Cookie Fudge in an airtight container or wrap plate tightly with plastic wrap. Store on the counter for up up to 1 week. You could also store fudge in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks but the fudge may get dry and won’t taste as fresh.
To freeze: Fudge freezes well. Wrap fudge with plastic wrap, wax paper, or parchment paper and place in an airtight container or large freezer bag. This will protect the fudge from getting freezer burn. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat again, thaw completely on the counter and enjoy.
More Holiday Treats
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Sugar Cookie Fudge
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 17 ounce bag sugar cookie mix
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- sprinkles optional
Heat treat cookie mix
- Heating the flour in the cookie mix will kill any bacteria present if theres any. To make raw flour safe to eat, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. You can also microwave the mix which would be the quickest and easiest way. Place the mixture in a bowl and heat on high for 20-45 seconds. Each microwave is different, so please be mindful of the temperature. Remove any clumps if any.
Make sugar cookie fudge
- Line a 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat add condensed milk and heat just until warm.
- Add white chocolate chips and melt, stirring often.
- Add butter, almond extract, and sugar cookie mix. Mix well until ingredients are combined then remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and add sprinkles right away while the fudge mixture is hot so it sticks. Press sprinkles down gently with hand to ensure it sticks better.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight to fully set. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!