Last Updated on January 23, 2023 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Heart Shaped Brownies are made with brownie mix and has a cake like texture to make these brownies extra fudgy and delicious! Make these brownies for Valentine’s Day or any day to surprise your loved ones with a delicious treat!
You don’t need a special occasion to make these Heart Shaped Brownies but baking these on Valentine’e Day is always a good idea! This is another super easy recipe to make because this recipe requires store bought brownie mix and a few extra ingredients you most likely already have.
I add an extra egg in this recipe and that makes these brownies extra moist, decadent and takes the classic brownie flavor to another level! These brownies will taste like they’re from a bakery- trust me.
I drizzled these Valentine’s Day Brownies with melted milk chocolate for an extra chocolate treat. You could also use white chocolate or dark chocolate if you prefer. You can even use a combination of different chocolate flavors too!
Sprinkles make a great addition to these brownies and will add some fun color! You can really customize these brownies exactly how you want.
TIPS TO MAKING HEART-SHAPED BROWNIES
I used parchment paper when I baked these and when they were cooled they just popped right out! Waiting at least 20 minutes before cutting with a cookie cutter will make perfect shapes and come out clean.
The cake-like mixture is a lot easier to work with if you want to use cookie cutters to make your favorite shapes/designs. If you decide to stick to your standard brownie recipe, the brownies will be too delicate and gooey for the cookie cutters.
You can make these for any occasion and everyone will be sure to love them! See some additional ideas below:
Birthday Brownies: add rainbow sprinkles and cut the brownies into squares.
Christmas Brownies: use a Christmas tree cookie cutter and add green, red or Christmas themed sprinkles.
Fourth of July Brownies: use a star cookie cutter and add red, white and blue sprinkles.
Easier Brownies: use an Easter egg cookie cutter and use pastel colored sprinkles.
LOOKING FOR OTHER TREATS TO MAKE FOR VALENTINE’S DAY? TRY THESE!
- Valentine’s Cake Mix Cookie
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Cheesecake Sprinkle Cookies
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Romantic Cheese Board for Two
- Red Velvet Truffles
- 25+ Healthy Valentine’s Day Treats
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Heart Shaped Brownies
- Betty Crocker Brownie Mix Box- Milk Chocolate 18.4 oz.
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Melting chocolate or chocolate chops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs with an electric mixer and mix until combined. There should be a minimal amount of lumps in the mixture.
- Line a 13"x9" pan with parchment paper and pour in brownie mixture. Spread mixture evenly with a spatula . Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the brownies starts to crack. To make sure the brownies are evenly cooked, insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
- While the brownies are cooling, melt the chocolate and place it in a sandwich size plastic baggie and seal tight. With a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut the brownies and place on a cooling rack lined with foil- this will make for an easy clean-up! Once the brownies are ready to be iced, cut off a small piece of the plastic bag corner and drizzle! Let cool for another 10 minutes and then enjoy!