As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This creamy Brownie Batter Dip is a fun, easy, and super quick dessert to make for large gatherings, parties, and Halloween. Made with only 4 ingredients and served with your favorite dippers!
Brownie batter Dip
Halloween Brownie Batter Dip is a fun and easy dessert for Halloween parties, birthday parties, baby showers, or makes a perfect treat whenever you’re craving brownies! This brownie dip recipe has a creamy texture and can be customized be adding in your favorites to the dip and topping.
If you love licking the spoon when making a batch of brownies, you will love this brownie dip that tastes just like it. Now you don’t have to feel guilty for eating raw brownie batter because this dip is totally safe since we heat treat the flour mixture and this doesn’t contain any raw eggs.
This delicious dessert dip comes together in minutes and can even be made the night before. another favorite dessert dip is my Funfetti Dip aka Dunkaroo Dip!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Brownie mix: I used Betty Crocker’s milk chocolate brownie mix but you could use any of your favorite flavors and brands.
- Cool whip: Make sure the whipped topping is completely thawed.
- Cream cheese: I like to use whipped cream cheese because it blends in better with the ingredients and makes for an extra fluffy dip.
- Milk: Whole milk, low-fat milk, almond milk, or heavy cream will all work to help thin out the dip.
- Dippers: I love using a variety of dippers such as pretzels, pretzel sticks, Oreos, vanilla wafers, animal crackers, and fresh fruit. Use any of your favorites!
how to make brownie dip
Heat treat: You want to heat treat the brownie mix just to make sure to get rid of any bacteria (instructions on how to heat treat the mix is in the recipe card).
Beat together cream cheese and whipped topping: In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and Cool Whip until fluffy and smooth.
Add brownie mix: Add in the brownie mix and continue to beat together until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. The mixture will be thick.
Thin mixture with milk: Add milk until the mixture is at desired consistency. Add more if you wanted the dip to not be as thick. Add brownie dip to a bowl or serving dish and top with sprinkles (optional). Serve with your favorite dippers and enjoy!
VARIATIONS and tips
- Make sure you heat treat the brownie mix just to be on the safe side.
- Get extra festive: Make this an extra special Halloween treat and add plastic spiders, edible candy eyes, candy corn, gummy worms, or any other spooky decorations.
- Add-ins and toppings: Mix in your favorites or add them to the top of the dip like mini marshmallows, M&M’s, crushed Oreos, milk chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, Reese’s pieces, peanut butter chips, chopped nuts (for a little crunch), cookie dough, and brownies bits!
- Add more chocolate: If you want your brownie dip to be extra chocolatey, add cocoa powder and top the dip with chocolate chips.
- Serve this dip with any of your favorite dippers! Our go-to’s are graham crackers, Nila Wafers, pretzels, pretzel sticks, Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, apple slices, crackers, or chips.
- Chill the dip: Let the dip sit in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes or overnight to let the flavors come together.
How to heat treat brownie mix
Heating the brownie mix will kill any harmful bacteria or present in the raw flour if theres any. To make brownie mix safe to eat, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minutes.
Just be sure it doesn’t burn. You can also microwave the mix which would be the quickest and easiest way. Place the mix in a bowl and heat on high for 20-45 seconds. Each microwave is different, so please be mindful of the temperature.
leftovers & STORAGE
Store any leftover brownie dip in an airtight container or cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. You may need to stir the dip when you want to eat it again to combine all of the ingredients.
Other Halloween Recipes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Brownie Batter Dip
- 1 box brownie mix
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounce tub Cool Whip
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- sprinkles optional
- your favorite dippers
- To make mix safe to eat, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 5-10 minutes. You can also microwave by adding the mix to a bowl and heat on high for 20-45 seconds. Each microwave is different, so please be mindful of the temperature.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and Cool Whip until fluffy and smooth.
- Add in the brownie mix and continue to beat together until smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. The mixture will be thick.
- Add milk until the mixture is at desired consistency. Add more if you wanted the dip to not be as thick. Add brownie dip to a bowl or serving dish and top with sprinkles (optional). Serve with your favorite dippers and enjoy!