Last Updated on November 3, 2022 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bar Recipe is the perfect no-bake dessert for any occasion. Crunchy cinnamon-sugar cereal is coated in a gooey buttery marshmallow mixture and packed with warm cinnamon and vanilla flavors. These treats are quick to make and make the PERFECT lunchbox treat that all kids will love!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bar Recipe
This Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bar Recipe is a fun twist on traditional Rice Krispie treats! If Cinnamon Toast Crunch was your favorite cereal growing up, you will love these bars even more! The cinnamon sugar coated cereal takes these bars to a whole new level once they are coated in gooey marshmallows.
We use a whole bag of marshmallows in this recipe plus we add another cup so theres soft pockets of marshmallows in each bite. Bring these treats anywhere from birthday parties, potlucks, picnics, holidays, classroom parties, to showers. You can easy packed up these crispy treats so they are extremely portable.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These no-bake bars are so easy and so fun to make- you only need about 15 minutes.
- The whole family will love them (both kids and adults).
- A fun variation on the classic Rice Krispie Treats. It’s always fun to switch things up, especially when it comes to marshmallow treats!
- You can enjoy these delicious treats them as a snack, dessert, pack them in lunch boxes, or whip them up for parties.
- Loaded with cinnamon and marshmallow goodness.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal: The star ingredient! Adds a fun twist on the traditional treats. You can use any cereal but I love the crunchy cinnamon-sugar coating this cereal has.
- Butter: I use salted butter to balance the sweetness a bit.
- Marshmallows: You’ll need one full 10 ounce bag plus more to fold in in the rice krispeis. The marshmallows will melt and bind the other ingredients together. Mini marshmallows works best for this recipe as opposed to the large marshmallow size.
- Vanilla extract: Adds a warm flavor and pairs well with the cinnamon flavors.
- Cinnamon: Adds even more cinnamon goodness to these treats.
How To Make This Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bar Recipe
Prepare pan: Line a 9×9 inch square pan with foil or parchment paper and grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
Melt butter: Bring a large pot or stock pot to medium heat and add butter and melt.
Make melted marshmallow mixture: Reduce the heat to low heat and add 6 cups of marshmallows. Stir until melted, then add vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
Add cereal: Remove the pot from heat and stir in the cereal until the marshmallow mixture completely coats the cereal. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows until evenly distributed.
Press into pan: Add the cereal mixture to the prepared 9×9 inch pan and gently press the mixture into the pan. Make sure you don’t press too hard otherwise your treats will be too dense and hard. Let rest for 30-60minutes and slice into squares. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & Variations
- Add chocolate: White chocolate pairs well with these bars. Either dunk the bottom part of the bars in melted white chocolate, or drizzle it on top. You could also add white chocolate chips on top or in the cereal mixture.
- Switch up the cereal: Alternative cereal: You can use are chocolate rice krispie cereal, Fruity Pebbles, Golden Grahams, Special K, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, or Chex cereal.
- Marshmallows: Be sure to use melt the marshmallows on LOW heat to insure they stay soft and will make the treats fluffy. Only use fresh marshmallows- stale marshmallows won’t make these treats as gooey.
- Spray your hands or rubber spatula: Use either cooking spray or rub them with butter before you press the rice krispie mixture on into your dish. This will prevent your hands from sticking to the sticky mixture. You can also use a butter wrap to press the mixture.
- Make them into bite-size treats: I use a 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan because I love the thicker sized treats, but you can also use a 13×9 inch pan to yield 20-24 treats.
- Brown the butter: If you’ve ever had Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats, you already know how amazing they are. Follow the steps in this recipe to brown the butter first before adding the marshmallows. This will add a rich, caramel, nuttiness flavor to your treats.
Leftovers & Storage
To-store on counter: Place leftovers in an airtight container or cover a plate tightly with plastic wrap. If you need to layer the bars, I recommend placing a piece of parchment paper in between each layer. They will store for up to 4-5 days without tasting stale. You can also store in a large ziplock bag.
To-store in fridge: these treats will last a bit longer if you store them in the refrigerator. They will store well for up to 1 week. Be sure to let sit out for at least 30 minutes because they will become hard.
Other Popular No-Bake Desserts
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Stuffed Pretzels
- Chocolate Peppermint Grahams
- Oreo Cookie Truffles
- Sugar Cookie Truffles
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
Can’t Get Enough
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on social media: Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out and leave a star rating in the recipe card! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
- 6 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 7 tablespoons salted butter
- 7 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line a 9×9 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and grease with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot or stock pot to medium heat and add butter and melt.
- Reduce the heat to low heat and add 6 cups of marshmallows. Stir until melted, then add vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the cereal until the marshmallow mixture completely coats the cereal. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows until evenly distributed.
- Add the mixture to the prepared 9×9 inch pan and gently press the mixture into the pan. Make sure you don't press too hard otherwise your treats will be too dense and hard. Let rest for 30-60minutes and slice into squares. Enjoy!