Homemade Funfetti Pancakes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
These irresistible Funfetti Pancakes from scratch make any morning so much more fun! No cake mix is required and these make the best breakfast treat. Loaded with sprinkles and topped with an almond glaze and whipped cream.
PIN this Funfetti Pancake Recipe to try later!
Homemade Funfetti Pancakes from scratch doesn’t require a box of cake mix and is a must-make recipe for anyone who loves cake for breakfast! These hotcakes are inspired by my favorite childhood (and adulthood) cake. They are so fun for just about any morning, or occasion, and make birthdays extra special.
Imagine eating pancakes that taste like Funfetti cake for breakfast! Just like cake, these pancakes have frosting too except these are topped with a light almond icing that adds just the perfect amount of sweetness and funfetti flavor.
These Funfetti Pancakes are soft, moist, fluffy, and have a cake-like consistency. These are so fun to make for a birthday morning breakfast or any time you’re craving cake for breakfast, especially Funfetti flavored.
Some of my other favorite birthday treats to make are my Funfetti Cupcakes, Birthday Cake Cookies and Funfetti Frosted Cookie Bars.
Flour: all-purpose flour is what I used for this recipe. Feel free to use whole wheat flour as a healthy alternative.
Baking powder & baking soda: this will help let the pancakes rise and get fluffy.
Salt: kosher or fine sea salt will be perfect. It will help balance the sweetness.
Milk: whole milk or low-fat milk will work. You could also use almond milk if you wanted to make dairy-free pancakes (also use coconut oil instead of butter).
Eggs: the whole eggs will help bind the ingredients together and adds a bit of richness.
Butter: unsalted butter is best so you can control the salt. You can also use melted coconut oil instead.
Sugar: you just need a few tablespoons to add sweetness.
Vanilla and almond extract: brings all of the flavors together. Alternatively, you could use almond extract.
Rainbow sprinkles: the key ingredient that make these pancakes “funfetti”! I prefer using jimmie rainbow sprinkles so the color doesn’t come off in the batter. You can use any of your favorite color sprinkles for different occasions.
HOW TO MAKE FUNFETTI PANCAKES
RECIPE TIPS & VARIATIONS
Add your favorite colored sprinkles for different occasions and holidays.
Make these Funfetti Chocolate Chip Pancakes by adding chocolate chips to the pancake batter and/or drizzling chocolate syrup on top.
Make mini pancakes by only adding 2 tablespoons of batter to the griddle. These are the perfect size for kids!
Make gluten-free pancakes by swapping the all-purpose flour for gluten-free flour.
Add protein by adding a scoop or two of vanilla or plain flavored protein powder.
You can make these Healthy Funfetti Pancakes by using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour and swapping the sugar for honey or coconut sugar.
Funfetti Pancakes are sure to brighten any morning. How could you not love a tall stack of these colorful hotcakes that are loaded with sprinkles and taste like cake?
I love to top these pancakes with a smear of softened butter, almond icing, and a swirl of whipped cream. Some other topping ideas are:
- Chopped nuts
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- Melted peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Caramel sauce
- Ice cream (makes the best dessert)
WHY THIS FUNFETTI PANCAKE RECIPE WORKS
- These fun pancakes are so perfect for birthdays, celebrations, or anytime you’re craving (funfetti) cake for breakfast.
- Kids will devour these pancakes! Each bite is like a party in your mouth 🙂
- This recipe is simple and easy to make. Made with only a few simple steps and can be frozen and reheated to make mornings easier.
- These pancakes are made from scratch so you don’t need a box of cake mix for this recipe..so you’ll also know exactly what ingredients go into these pancakes.
- Acceptable to eat for dinner. Breakfast for dinner (brinner) is always a good idea and everyone will love them so add these hotcakes to your menu and thank me later!
OTHER PANCAKE RECIPES
OTHER FUNFETTI RECIPES
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Funfetti Frosted Cookie Bars
- Dunkaroo Funfetti Cheesecake Bites
- Funfetti Dunkaroo Dip
CAN’T GET ENOUGH
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Homemade Funfetti Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted, plus more to grease pan
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups whole or low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup rainbow sprinkles (jimmies)
Vanilla Glaze (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole or low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon almond milk
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk the wet ingredient in a medium bowl and add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until combined, it's ok if the batter is lumpy. Fold in the sprinkles and be sure not to overmix. Let the pancake batter rest for 3 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium heat. Once heated, grease with butter and scoop approximately 1/4 cup of pancake batter into griddle. You may need to use a spoon to form a pancake shape.
- When bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake batter and edges, carefully flip with a spatula and cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides. The pancakes take about 2 minutes to cook on each side. Transfer the pancakes to a cooling rack until all of the batter is cooked or you can place the pancakes on a baking sheet and leave them in a warmed oven (300 degrees F) until all of the pancakes are cooked to keep warm.
- To make the glaze, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. 5. When ready to serve, transfer the pancakes to a plate and top with glaze, whipped cream, and more sprinkles (optional). Enjoy!
What a fun pancake recipe. Perfect for brunch celebrations like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. These would make great birthday pancakes too.
They are great for any occasion!
These are so fun. I can’t wait to make them for my family this weekend! Thanks for all your great recipes.
You are so wlecome, Megan! I hope you all enjoy these pancakes!
I was wanting to make something fun for breakfast to impress my new step-daughter. This recipe was perfect because it was so easy to make, and everyone loves whipped cream and sprinkles. I felt like the breakfast hero! Thanks!
That’s amazing! So happy to hear these were a hit!
I love these festive pancakes! What a great idea for a special holiday or kids birthday breakfast. I can’t wait to make them for my niece the next time she visits.
Thank you so much, Bernice!
My kids absolutely LOVED making these funfetti pancakes with me for brunch last weekend. They came out so light and fluffy.
YAY! That is awesome!
I have never thought about making pancakes like this. My little cousins love them.
They are such fun pancakes!
These are so fun1 They’d be the perfect birthday breakfast for sure! My kids and I would all love them!
This is the perfect birthday breakfast!
My goodness! Over the weekend I made these with my girl friends,turned out so well and we finished all of them in minutes.
Thanks for trying my recipe, so happy you all loved them!