Last Updated on March 29, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
Classic Clam Dip is a smoky, savory, wonderfully creamy snack or appetizer that’s served chilled and pairs great with any number of dip-able sides. This easy no-cook recipe takes just 10 minutes to make with simple, flavorful ingredients – many are even pantry staples!
EASY CLAM DIP RECIPE
Cool and creamy Clam Dip is a classic spring and summer dish that is perfect to share at picnics and parties!
This traditional recipe includes mostly pantry staples, with a few easy-to-find speciality items and fresh lemon juice for a bright burst of sunny flavor! Each bite is loaded with tasty bits of salty and savory clams in a rich cream cheese and sour cream base.
Even though it is incredibly satisfying, you wind up wanting more and more with every scoop!
Best of all, clam dip is as simple to prepare as it is yummy to enjoy. It’s super easy to literally whip up a batch in just 10 minutes with zero actual cooking!
Make it on the fly whenever you get a craving or have a last-minute potluck to attend. Or make it ahead when you’ve got some extra time for a nearly effortless snack to have on hand. Either way this creamy and tangy delight will be perfect to enjoy with your choice of crunchy dippers, whenever you’re ready!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CLAM DIP
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Minced garlic
- Chopped chives
- Worcestershire sauce
- Canned minced clams + reserved canned clam juice
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice
For a hint of spiciness I suggest adding a generous dash of hot sauce, too!
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST CLAM DIP FROM SCRATCH
Follow these 3 simple steps to make the best clamp dip – no cooking required!
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to to blend together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well with a large spoon or spatula.
- Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve, or transfer to a bowl and enjoy immediately with your favorite dippers!
Add a sprinkling of some chopped scallions or chives for a nice pop of fresh flavor.
The creamy, salty, smoky and savory clam dip is delicious to serve with crunchy potato chips or buttery crackers. It’s also great to scoop onto pieces of toasted bread!
Enjoy with your favorite fresh-cut veggies, like carrots and celery sticks, for a yummy low carb snack!
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER CLAM DIP
Keep covered with plastic wrap or sealed in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge.
LOOKING FOR OTHER QUICK AND EASY SNACK RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Healthy French Onion Dip
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- The BEST Homemade Guacamole
- Whipped Feta Garlic Dip
- Lite Veggie and Herb Spinach Dip
- Spicy and Creamy Avocado Hummus
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Easy Clam Dip (10 Minute Recipe)
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese; softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic; minced
- 3 Tbsp. chives; finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 6 oz. cans of clams; minced and drained reserve 1 teaspoon of the juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp. clam juice
- dash tabasco sauce if you want to add spice optional
- In a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Scrape down the sides with a spatula and mix again.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until combined. Place the dip in a small bowl and garnish with chives.
- Serve immediately or place in the refrigerator until ready. Serve with potato chips, crackers or veggies!