As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This 5 minute Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip couldn’t be any easier to make and is packed with tons of flavor. Creamy, irresistible and totally addicting! Make this the next time you need a quick appetizer or snack!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip, also known as Crack Dip is loaded with ranch flavor, shredded sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon pieces, and mixed together in a creamy dip mixture. This is one of the easiest dips to make and it’s made with simple ingredients.
Everyone will love this delicious dip so it’s always a good idea to double the recipe, especially if you are brining it to a party, potluck, or holiday gathering.
Ranch dressing is one of my favorite indulgences especially when it comes to salads, but it tastes even better in a dip! Other favorite ranch recipes is my Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix and Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Crowd favorite: This dip will go quick and everyone will love all of the flavors. Bacon, cheddar, and ranch dip or seasoning make the best flavor combination.
- Easy dip: You only need a few ingredients and 5 minutes to make this dip, that’s it!
- Perfect for all occasions: Make this dip all year round! It’s the perfect party appetizer for any occasions, any holiday, potluck, game day, picnics, or anything you’re craving a savory salty snack.
- Make-ahead: You can easily make this dip ahead of time so all you have to do it is take it out of the fridge and serve.
- Cream cheese: Make sure the cream cheese is softened and at room temperature to ensure an extra creamy dip. You can use either full-fat or low-fat.
- Ranch seasoning: Use a store-bought seasoning or make your own from scratch. I use Trader Joe’s ranch seasoning or a Hidden Valley Ranch packet.
- Sour cream: Adds the perfect amount of tanginess to this dip. You can use low-fat or fat-free sour cream as an alternative.
- Mayonnaise: You just need a few tablespoons to add creaminess. You can also use plain Greek yogurt.
- Bacon bits: Cook the bacon at home or buy it precooked at the store. I love crispy bacon so my bacon pieces or bacon crumbles are always on the crunchier side and it adds a crunchy texture to the dip.
- Shredded cheese: The combination of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey jack cheese is my favorite in this dip because they add a sharp and mild flavor. You could also use white cheddar cheese or gouda.
- Chives: Adds freshness and flavor. You could also use green onions.
How To Make Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
Mix cream cheese mixture: In a medium sized bowl, add softened cream cheese, ranch seasoning, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix together with an electric hand mixer or with a fork. If the cream cheese is soft enough, a fork should work fine.
Add remaining ingredients: Once the cream cheese mixture is combined and smooth, stir in the shredded cheeses, bacon pieces, and chives. Stir until combined and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Transfer to a serving dish (optional), and serve with your favorite crackers, enjoy!
What To Eat With Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip?
Serve this with your favorite dippers or crackers such as:
- Ritz crackers
- Potato chips
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Wheat Thins
- Toasted baguette slices
- Bread pieces
- Veggies: Make this a low-carb snack by serving it with cucumber slices, carrot sticks, sliced bell peppers celery sticks, or endive.
Add it to: Sandwiches by swapping the mayo and smearing this dip on instead. Spread it on tortilla roll ups, toast, bagels, and pita bread.
- Softened cream cheese: This is key for an extra creamy dip! For best results, let the cream cheese sit out on the counter for a few hours before making the dip. It should be soft enough that you could blend the dip with a fork.
- Shred your own cheese: I always recommend shredding your own cheese for any recipe. It just tastes better than the packaged stuff and is softer.
- Add-ins: Red chili flakes, pickled or fresh diced jalapeños, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, pimentos, and finely minced garlic are great options.
- Eye catching dip: Make this dip extra pretty by studding the top of the dip with extra bacon pieces, shredded cheese, and chives.
How Much Ranch to put in Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip?
We use 1 ounce of ranch seasoning which is about 1/4 cup. Since the ranch seasoning already has tons of flavor, we don’t need to add any other seasoning. Add more or less seasoning depending on your preference.
You can find a ranch packet at just about any grocery store or make your ranch mix from scratch or use a store bought version; I love using the ranch seasoning from Trader Joe’s.
- Healthier alternative: You can make this a healthier version by using low-fat cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise and use a low-fat or fat-free sour cream.
- Bacon: Swap regular bacon for turkey bacon.
- Warmed cheesy bacon ranch dip: Warm this dip by putting it in the oven for a few minutes to warm. The cheese will melt making it extra cheesy and creamy.
- Add spice: Add a little heat by adding a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce or red chili flakes.
Can I Make This Dip In Advance?
YES! I love making dips a few hours ahead or the day before because it lets the flavors come together. The longer the dip sits in the refrigerator, the more flavor it will have.
Leftovers & Storage
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or cover bowl with plastic wrap for up to 4-5 days. Once you are ready to serve the dip, make sure to give it a good stir with a spoon and enjoy.
I do not recommend freezing this dip as it will change the texture completely.
Other Dip Recipes
- Healthy French Onion Dip
- Easy Clam Dip
- Spicy Artichoke Dip
- Guacamole Dip
- Baked Spinach Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
NEVER MISS A RECIPE
Join thousands of subscribers & get
easy recipes via email for FREE!
Want to be Featured?
If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out…
Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog
Easy, simple, and delicious recipes anyone can make. Click the button below so you don’t miss any recipes!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 brick) softened
- 1 1 ounce package of ranch seasoning
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces or crumbles
- 3 tablespoons chives finely chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, add softened cream cheese, ranch seasoning, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Mix together with an electric hand mixer or with a fork. If the cream cheese is soft enough, a fork should work fine.
- Once the cream cheese mixture is combined and smooth, stir in the shredded cheeses, bacon pieces, and chives. Stir until combined and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with your favorite crackers and enjoy!