Last Updated on
I could literally eat guac every day. I crave it all the time and wish that it was easy to find ripe avocados every time I go to the grocery store. I really don’t like to buy the pre-made guacamole from the store because it’s not the same. I felt really lucky the last couple of times I went grocery shopping because the avocados were so perfectly ripe. Of course my first idea is to make guacamole and plus the Superbowl is coming up so I wanted to share this recipe. TOUCHDOWN!
The BEST Guacamole
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 1 lime; juiced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder OR fresh garlic; minced
- 1/2 medium white onion; diced
- 1 Roma tomato; seeded and diced optional
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro; chopped
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado and lime juice, toss to coat.
- Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
- Using a potato masher or whisk add the salt, pepper and garlic powder and mash until chunky. With a wooden spoon, fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro and stir until combined. Add as much more of the lime juice to your liking. Done! Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Sometimes I go to the store and the avocados are rock hard. It is always such a bummer when this happens. If you have a difficult time finding ripe avocados- don’t worry. Here is a little trick I use when I just can’t wait.. Sometimes I buy them anyways because they will eventually become ripe (duh). BUT if you want to speed up the process, place the hard avocados in a paper brown bag for a day or two and it’s just like magic. You will have ripe avocados. You’re welcome 🙂