Last Updated on November 22, 2019 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Lite Veggie and Herb Spinach Dip is light, healthy and made with yogurt! It is packed with fresh spinach and herbs for an ultra satisfying dip!
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Real California Milk products and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
When it comes to snacking, I try to always go for healthier options. I can snack on dips anytime..whether it’s a salsa, a good guac, hummus, or my favorite…spinach dip. The cream base dips have a bad reputation because they are known for containing lots of fat and they aren’t the healthiest choice. BUT wait–I turned this usual high calorie snack into a lite and nutrient loaded dip that is good for you! This recipe also gives you the opportunity to get your daily veggies 🙂
Using California yogurt as the base of this recipe makes this recipe extra creamy. When purchasing dairy products, look for foods made with 100% Real California milk that feature the Real California Milk or Cheese seal. When you see the Real California seal, you’ll feel good knowing that the product is certified as having been made with 100% Real California Milk from Real California Dairy families.
Strive for foods that make your body happy because they will end up making you happy! Also… Remember, you are what you eat!
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Lite Veggie and Herb Spinach Dip
- 2 Cups California plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp fat free sour cream
- 2 cup finely chopped spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper finely minced
- 1/4 of a green bell pepper finely minced
- 1 carrot finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley; chopped
- ½ cup finely shredded California cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large frying pan, saute spinach by combining spinach and olive oil. Saute until spinach is wilted for about 3-4 minutes (the spinach takes only a few minutes to saute).
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until well combined. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving for the best flavor. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve with pita chips and your favorite veggies!