Last Updated on November 10, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
This Green Detox Soup is packed with nutrient dense feel-good veggies and greens. It’s quick and easy to make for any night of the week!
GREEN DETOX SOUP
This mighty powerful Green Detox Soup is incredible. It has everything I need when I feel like I need a veggie boost. All of the goods are in this…kale, asparagus, mushrooms and broccoli. All cooked until tender and then blended until creamy.
Monday night’s are usually soup night’s in our home! I started making a ton of soups last Fall and I just can’t get enough of the goodness it brings.
This soup is the kind of soup you make on a Monday when you know you splurged over the weekend on with food, drinks or both. Do you feel like you just need a detox or just some extra veggies and green goodness in your life? This Green Detox Soup is here to help.
You can truly add any of your favorite veggies to this incredible soup! This is always a great way to clean out your fridge if you have leftover veggies. See some alternatives below!
Broccoli- cauliflower makes a great alternative. This is the base of your soup so you should always use at least one or both.
Kale- spinach, swiss chard or collard greens. They are all so good!
Mushrooms- zucchini or white beans.
LOOKING FOR OTHER HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Hearty Minestrone Lentil Soup
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- White Chicken Chili
- Homemade Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Green Detox Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small white onion
- 4 cloves of garlic; peeled and minced
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup or bunch asparagus, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 8 cups chicken bone broth or chicken broth (use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian)
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper; optional
- Heat oil in a large stockpot on medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, stiring until translucent. Add in garlic and stir until softened for about 2 minutes.
- Add in all of the vegetables and saute in the oil, onions and garlic. Let cook for about 10 minutes until softened and fragrant. Stir occasionally.
- Add in the broth and continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer, about 5-8 minutes. The vegetables will be tender.
- Add in the salt, pepper and ground sage. Add more seasoning if needed. Use an immersion to blend until smooth and creamy. Serve warm and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper and crush red peppers (optional),