Last Updated on December 14, 2021 by Kathryn Donangelo
These Baked Gingerbread Oatmeal Bites are wholesome, slightly sweet, and make a nutritious breakfast! They make mornings easy and delicious!
The holidays are such a wonderful time of the year. One of the main reasons is because of all the food! I feel like the whole month of November and December is like a roller coaster. One day were eating healthy and the next day we’re indulging in our favorites that aren’t so healthy. Then of course January comes and were back on track!
Well, thankfully these Baked Gingerbread Oatmeal Bites are always healthy and help us stay on track!
These are all the ingredients you need if you like these unsweetened. I have made these simply unsweetened and they were perfect. I have also added a 1/2 cup of brown sugar to these for a little sweeter flavor and they were delicious! It all is up to you.
I like to grind half of my oats in the food processor so the oatmeal bites are smoother in texture and a bit more fluffy.
I love gingerbread and all of the holiday cheer the flavor brings. Gingerbread spice is a combination of all spice, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THESE BAKED GINGERBREAD OATMEAL BITES
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Old fashioned oatmeal
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Brown sugar (optional)
LOOKING FOR OTHER HOLIDAY RECIPES?
- Lemon Poppy Seed Yogurt Bread
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Apple Oatmeal
- Gingerbread French Toast
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bread
- Gingerbread Muffins
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
I love how delicately sweet these are. The best way to enjoy them is when they are warm and with a cup of coffee. You can add these to your meal prep and prep these the night before.
Gingerbread Oatmeal Bites make a perfect grab-and-go breakfast for those busy mornings! Or for those days you need to finish your Christmas shopping and don’t have time for a snack. Be sure to pack these up with you!
I love how warming gingerbread spice is. All of the flavors work so perfectly together, especially this time of the year.
If you are one of those people that wakes up really hungry or not hungry at all until mid-morning, these Gingerbread Oatmeal Bites are perfect. You can have 1, 2 or 3 depending on your hunger level since they are the size of a smaller muffin and isn’t equivalent to an actual bowl of oatmeal.
CAN’T GET ENOUGH?
Subscribe and I’ll send all my newest and FREE recipes to your inbox! You can also keep up with me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. If you make this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram so I can see and feature you!
Baked Gingerbread Oatmeal Bites
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar optional
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground all-spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line or spray 12 muffins tins. In a food processor, grid together 1 1/2 of the oats until grainy and flour like. Set aside.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla together in one bowl. Mix both whole oats and ground oatmeal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, all-spice, cloves, and ginger together in another. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine well. Please be sure to add the brown sugar to the wet mixture if you want these to be sweeter.
- This is an important step*** Allow the oats to soak for 10 minutes. This will let the all of the ingredients incorporate into the oats.
- Divide the mixture evenly into 12 muffins tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is done. Enjoy the delicious and healthy holiday breakfast!